Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Finally Friday

Last night, Phil and I finally made it to the OKC Museum of Art for the Passages exhibit. This exhibit is basically about the evolution of the King James version of the bible as we know it. It was very interesting and Phil seemed to really enjoy himself! The only issue I had? The website said it would be about 90 minutes to go through the whole thing. Try over 2 hours for us. Even with a few breaks where I could sit, we were walking and standing a very long time. My ankles were a little swollen by the end and I was starting to get some pressure/pain towards the end. I know it was just my body reminding me to take it easy, but I was very glad to get home and go to bed. The nice thing about the experience is I now know what to do when we go to the fair tomorrow. Since all I can really do is walk and eat, this gave me an idea of how long my body will let me be on my feet. Of course, the best part was Phil having a great time :)

I am also determined to take some pictures this weekend... and have a few of people instead of just food. Hopefully I can accomplish this goal!

The weather today is just about perfect! Clear skies, high of 78 degrees, light breeze.... it's a shame I am stuck inside all day. At least I can enjoy the sunshine from my window! The fact that it's Friday just makes it that much more beautiful. I mean, I've waited ALL week for today! This has been one of the slowest weeks I've experienced in awhile so I'm happy to see it end.

I think I've realized that, even though I'm not eating horribly, I really need to be aware of what I'm eating. I know I'm not getting near as much veggies in my diet as I should and I still eat 2 large meals a day, (breakfast and dinner), and just snack throughout the day. I just need to tweak it a little to make sure I'm doing good for Jill's sake.

Which reminds me, Phil and I start our birthing class next week. Holy moly y'all! I can't believe it's time to start doing stuff like that! Even though it's getting closer, I feel like I have all this time before she's here. I guess I don't have as much as I assumed. It's pretty exciting though :)

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...