Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bébé Week 9 Update

{via}


Sorry, no picture. I don't feel entirely comfortable posting any right now. Maybe when I'm further along and you can tell it's a baby and not just my fat :)


Today's date: May 10, 2011

How far along: 9 weeks

Total weight gain: I've actually lost about 6 pounds so far. 

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a green olive. 

Sex: not sure

Maternity clothes: I bought a Be Band from Target late last week and it's been really nice having around :) My parents are coming into town this weekend so I might get some new clothes!

Sleep: I wake up several times a night, but I don't always have to pee. Sunday night I woke up at 3 am to puke my guts out. I'd rather pee, but I know I'm not getting much water down since I'm so sick all the time. I really need to be better about staying hydrated.

Best moment(s) of the week: We got our new King-sized bed on Saturday so it's been really nice to sleep on that :) I did receive two mother's day/parenthood cards and they were so sweet! Having my "first" mother's day that I was able to smile through. Last, but certainly not least, spreading the word around church and the extended family! Nothing on facebook yet, but it'll come in time :)

Movement: My books tell me baby is moving, but I can't feel it just yet!

Food cravings/aversions: My aversions are starting to grow: pork, mac & cheese (that's new), peanuts, peanut butter, strawberries, all mexican food, spinach, anything creamy. My craving this week was mostly Cocoa Pebbles and popcorn. Other than that, I'm mostly afraid to eat :-/

Morning sickness: Ever since Monday, I have now thrown up 15 times. I was prescribed some dissolvable Zofran tablets, and now I've discovered that I need to take one table at lunch everyday if I want to keep any food down. I will sometimes dry heave in the morning, but that's not always a given. I'm pretty sick these days, but I know it's temporary and it will be worth it :)

Symptoms: Constant sickness, tired, gassy (sorry Phil!), sore/heavy boobs, and bossy/irritated due to hormones (is that you laughing mom? I promise it's hormones!)

Labor signs: none

Belly button in or out: in

What I miss: Mostly just not being scared to eat. Other than that, I'm still over the moon and thankful for the blessing :)

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat! I have an appointment on the 17th, but I think that's just blood tests and stuff. My other appointment is the 27th with my doctor. Hopefully it'll be one of those appointments! Also, I'm totally ready for the second trimester! June 6th - get a move on!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're so sick love :( I hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you & the bebe :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so amazing to think that your baby is as tiny as an olive! :O

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...