Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nobody's Right If Everybody's Wrong...


{one} When was the last time you used a pay phone (if ever)?
If I remember this correctly, (and it's a little sad that I do), I believe it would have been in the hotel in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl my senior year of high school, January 2004. I did have a cell phone, but decided to leave it at home because I didn't really have long-distance or texting. I called my folks to tell them how things were going. 



If that's incorrect, than the last time would have been summer of 2001 when I was staying at a state college for a choir retreat, again to call my parents, (can you tell we're close?). It was a week long camp that taught you the 3 audition pieces of all-state choir tryouts in the fall. At the end of the week, we held a concert. Funny side note, the year I did that special camp was the one year in high school I did not make All-State. Hmm....

{two} Did you ever fail a subject in school?
Never in high school, but I did in college. That's what happens when you stop showing up to class. Though I did get close fall of my junior year. I had a rough start to the year, (first break-up, brother moving to LA for college, etc.).

{three} Where do you go to get your favorite hamburger/cheeseburger?
Honestly? Burger night at my parents :) We layout all the condiments and I can make it exactly like I like it - beef seasoned with worcester sauce and season-all, cheese, pickles, ketchup and mustard on the top bun, and A1 sauce on the bottom bun. Yum!

{four} Have you ever served jury duty?
Nope, and sadly I kind of want to. (pleasedontjudgeme!)

{five} How old were you when you moved out of your parents' house?
I moved out for college in 2004, so 18. However, I would come back for the summer every year and then I lived with my mom for the year between TU and getting married. I officially moved out for good at 22 :)

{six} What is your favorite color to wear?
Pink, yellow, or black. I have lots of blue in my closet, but don't be fooled.

{seven} Do you have a pair of shoes that you wear all the time?
I have a pair that I wear more consistently - it was my red Toms, but now I'm back to my old New Balance sneakers (I need new sneakers).

{eight} Do you enjoy talk radio?
The only talk radio I enjoy is Car Talk. My mom and I would listen to it on car trips if I was going with her to an out of town meeting on Saturday mornings. Ahh... the good old days :)

{nine} If you could turn one unhealthy food into a healthy one, what food would it be?
Eggs Benedict. I LOVE it, but the hollandaise sauce especially is SO bad for you.

{ten} Who is the best speaker you've ever heard in person?
Oh man, I don't even know. I've heard some good speeches, but never a "best speaker". 



I'm so glad it's wee bit Wednesday since I really have nothing exciting going on in my life. I wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, fight off nausea, go to bed, repeat. I did, however, have a slight breakthrough yesterday! The doctor's office called to confirm that they do want me to continue my Metformin, (which I had a feeling since I asked about it at my annual exam in February), and asked how I was feeling. Once I told her the Phenergan cream was not working, she prescribed some dissolvable Zofran tablets! I only got 12 and insurance only covers the first round, (it's $96 out of pocket!), but it worked! I was able to eat dinner without even dry heaving! I'm going to save them as much as possible, especially since I want some around for Annette's wedding weekend.


The only other exciting news is I get to see my parents in 8 days! They're coming for Phil's graduation and I'm so happy I get to see them :D


Hope y'all are having a great Wednesday!

"For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield from Buffalo Springfield 
(heard this on Pandora today and remembered how much I like it!)

1 comment:

  1. You want to serve jury duty? Just what kind of sadist are you, grasshopper? =P

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...