Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Forward

I feel l

I h

No words feel like the right way to start. Not only has so much happened in the last 2 years, I feel as if I have lived multiple lifetimes since then. I won't get into big details about certain things for privacy, and especially because it involves my kiddos. As much as I love sharing things about them, there are some things I feel I don't have the place to divulge too much.

First and foremost, Jill was diagnosed with ADHD. After struggling to find the right medication for her, we have found a good one. Is it perfect? No. It is not such a high dosage that she's a different kid either. We also have her seeing a therapist once a month to have a space of her own. 

Second, David recently, (as in October of 2020), developed a form of epilepsy. He is ok, and on daily medication as well. They are not the type where he shakes, but he does have some atypical symptoms. 

Third, I had some church trauma happen that apparently I still have a hard time with. This one will be the hardest to explain, if I ever do. I guess I'll see where the Spirit takes me.

Throw in all the normal stuff that has happened, including a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, and you just made a perfect shitstorm that has put me in an awful place. I have gotten so good at masking my pain that even I don't realize the true depths at times. 

One foot in front of the other. Baby steps. Crawl. Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...