Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bébé Week 12 Update

{a few notes about this picture: 1) It's really hot and humid so please excuse the hair, 2) The bulk of the bump right now is my stomach fat so don't be fooled. I don't see a different yet, but Phil thinks he does. Only time will tell :)}

I thought it would be better to title these normally instead of my typical song lyrics. It'll make the posts easier to find later :)


Also, I have a poll on the sidebar if you want to vote and guess what gender bebe is! I know I don't have many followers now, but I'm still interested in what you think!


I could tell you how exhausted/sick I've felt, or how beautiful my best friend's wedding last weekend was, or that Phil and I celebrated 3 years of a wonderful marriage.... but I won't. Other than those highlights, I'm just getting ready to be in my second trimester and able to enjoy my pregnancy!


Today's date: May 28, 2011

How far along: 12 weeks

Total weight gain: I've lost between 9 and 11 pounds so far. Not by choice mind you! However, I figure with myself being so overweight, the more I can give myself leeway before I start gaining, the better. Hopefully it'll even out. 

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a plum! Almost all of the major organ systems are fully developed. With the 2nd trimester in sight, I should be able to lose some of those early symptoms such as nausea and fatigue.

Sex: I have a feeling, but it's still too soon to know

Maternity clothes: I have a Be Band, 2 pairs of pants and a skirt. No shirts yet. I really wish Old Navy's maternity stuff was at the store and not just online. With it being SO hot and muggy, I'm looking into getting shorts for the summer!

Sleep: I wake up every night at 5 a.m. to pee and sometimes I'll add 2 a.m. as well. Otherwise, I sleep through the night really well. I think making our bedroom a "cat free" zone is really helping as well. It's annoying to hear them meowing outside the door at all hours, but it's better than them jumping on us.

Best moment(s) of the week: Making it to week 12!

Movement: Nothing yet.

Food cravings/aversions: My aversions are starting to grow: pork, most meats, sausage (even the word makes me sick!), mac & cheese, peanuts, peanut butter, strawberries, all mexican food, spinach, anything creamy. My craving this week was mostly Cinnamon Life cereal and Doritos.

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran everyday as close to noon as I can. Sometimes even with the medicine, I still get queasy. However, I am keeping food down and I figure I'd feel worse if I didn't take the medicine.

Symptoms: Constant sickness, tired, my hips ache from time to time, gassy (sorry Phil!), sore/heavy boobs, and bossy/irritated.

Labor signs: none

Belly button in or out: in

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat on June 2nd! Then the next day we're traveling to KC for a Royals game and will see my folks! It's the last "long" trip I'll take before bebe comes. We'll still go to Tulsa from time to time, but not further than that!


I'm going to add this category for special occasions -


Awkward moment(s) of the week: At Annette's wedding, a few people decided to rub my belly. That doesn't really bother me, but the ended up rubbing my belly fat instead of bebe. I thought it was funny and just didn't correct them!


Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you're cute :)
    I'm curious to know what you think the sex of the little one is :) hehe. They say moms can tell!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...