Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Never Saw It Coming

I was already behind on my posts, but then something popped up that I was not expecting.

{And no, this is not a pregnancy announcement. I know it's coming across that way!}

David woke up on Friday, Jillian's 3rd birthday, with a high temp of 103. In a scramble to still make Jillian's birthday special, Phil took a day off of work to help me take care of him. Minus a slightly decreased appetite and high temperature, David didn't seem to have anything else wrong with him. We assumed it was just a high fever that needed to run it's course. By Saturday afternoon, his temp dipped down to 100, so I went grocery shopping and assumed the worst was over.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, we end up at a clinic that sends him to the ER for an ultrasound. We ended up being admitted into said hospital, where he was observed until we were discharged yesterday afternoon.

I will go into more detail in another post. Right now the experience is still pretty fresh. It was a scary experience, but David was in great hands. This was not life threatening thankfully, but still a serious situation that had to be monitored.

Being home with my two babies who feel well is one of the greatest Christmas gifts I could ever receive. I am beyond thankful for all the support I received while we went through those frightening days.

More than anything, I just want to remind myself that, as justifiably hard this parenting thing is, I could never ever imagine living my life without my Jillian Rose and David Anthony. They have a large piece of my heart and soul, and I love them so much it physically hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...