Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Handyman Can

Yesterday, I set a goal for myself. Since we were snowed in*, I wanted to keep the house as clean as it was Sunday night. For the most part, I succeeded! There were a few toys of Jillian's that were scattered in the living room, but that was partially due to the fact that girlfriend had an early bedtime yesterday. {Yay for toddlers refusing to nap!}

*I say snowed in because we did get a little over an inch of snow on Sunday. School was closed because the roads were iffy at best, so the kiddos and I just stayed inside.

I am doing my best to have a new attitude this week. I felt like I was just constantly negative to the three people I love most. Hopefully this will continue :)

Today, I got to play handyman! I needed to clear the drain in the kids' bathroom before turning to Drano. We have a turn and lift drain, but it is the kind that apparently has a screw on the side of the top. {Shout out to YouTube for helping me figure that one out!} Well, our water is so hard that the screw was not only rusty, it was also completely stripped. I ended up just WD-40ing the crap out of it, then took a wrench to it. The drain, and screw, is officially dead, but now we'll have to fix it a little more to make it work for our Christmas guests. Luckily, I didn't ruin it per say. Silver lining?

I cannot believe this is the last full week before Thanksgiving! Do you have any fun plans for the day? Our Thanksgiving changes every year since we trade time with my folks and Phil's. Whatever it is we are doing, I know it'll be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...