Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Highlights

A little recap of May 2015

{We started the month with a little fever for LT. He is pretty warm-bodied, but this was more than that. Luckily, he recovered quickly!}

{Stunna Shades}

{Jillian finished up preschool through her hearing clinic. She has done so well, that she will not be returning to this particular preschool in the fall. It was a bittersweet day for us!}

{We had a few days of just crazy-nasty weather! We had enough of a close call to our house that I had the kids in our hidey-hole with their helmets on. Fortunately, nothing came about, but it was definitely not enjoyable! And if you didn't hear, we had a wildlife refuge that originally thought some of their tigers had escaped due to storm damage. This turned out to be false, but memes like the bottom picture were fun to see the next few days ;)}

{I had a sweet Mother's Day corsage to wear thanks to my thoughtful family!}

{After having to reschedule due to colds, I finally got my birthday gift to myself - some pink highlights! They are fading now, but it was definitely worth it! It was fun to have fun hair for a little while. I am totally keeping the blonde in though :)}

{I love his Einstein hair when he wakes up :) This particular morning, he had a curl sticking straight out. do you see it?}

{I made a special popcorn cake for the last day of preschool! I thought I'd make this an annual thing, but I may just make a cake/dessert instead of this every time. It was a little messy and SUPER sugary. The kids, and Phil, did enjoy eating it!}

{I finished a hat I crocheted for Jillian! It is so cute, and I can't wait for her to wear it this winter :)}

{Jillian officially graduated from speech therapy on Phil's birthday. (Big day for the Coghills!) We brought some special cookies to celebrate :) We still go every 3 months for a booth test, but she will not be in speech therapy. I wrote more about my feelings with this here.}

{We had a few sunny days between torrential rain, so we played with chalk! Looks more like a crime scene than a driveway ;)}

{David LOVES brushing his teeth. Doesn't he look like such a little man standing at the sink? *le sigh*}

{More flooding for us. The top picture is just outside our front door. The bottom is of a mall we used to live near. And yes, that is water coming into the mall! (It has a steep hill going toward the entrance)}

{My how our anniversary celebration has changed! Phil and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary by seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron, running to the grocery store, and getting ice cream at Sonic to take home. Good thing I love doing life with this man :)}

{This is a house in our neighborhood. Someone was having a big 50th birthday, and for whatever reason, their family/friends put these huge signs and huge wooden birds in their lawn. If you know me, you know I don't do birds. This was NOT a welcomed sight for me! Luckily, they took it down shortly.}

{Jillian told me she made the Octopod with her blocks! What a creative girl :)}

{I made this for my dad for Father's Day - a crocheted golf tee bag. This was the finished project! He seems to like it :)}

{The kids and I ended the month with a trip to the Railroad Museum in town! They both seem to love trains, and it was nice enough outside to explore. We'll be back in September when Thomas the Train comes to town :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...