Monday, March 28, 2011

Let's Celebrate, Remember A Year...



As far as birthdays go, I had a really great one! The only reason it was not perfect is because my parents were 800 miles away. Other than that, I got to be with most of my closest friends and had a restful weekend!

I asked off of work on Friday so we could take our time getting up to Tulsa before rush hour/weekend traffic started. Phil and I got to sleep in, (until 8:30, but that’s still good for us!), took our time getting ready and headed up the turnpike around 12 or so. We dropped off our stuff at the in-laws and made our way to Mod’s! I had heard of this place before and just knew we’d have to check it out! We split a Guniess and strawberry gelato, I had an Under the Boardwalk with a Nutella & Banana crepe and Phil had a Jamaican Me Crazy with a Pesto Chicken Parmesan crepe. Both were very delicious and we will definitely be going back! With the day being so nice, we walked around downtown just a little bit before we headed to TU’s campus. Phil had something to take care of and it didn’t take too long. We then went to the in-laws’ house, had brisket for dinner, then went to the Brook with the lovely Annette :)



Even though Saturday was really cold and misty, I was happy with my outfit of choice. I bought this shirt and pants from Old Navy and I felt like it reflected spring as well as some of my favorite colors ;)

Of course, I had to take some photos with my favorite guy…


Luff him!

For lunch, we went to Red Lobster with my in-laws.  It was very delicious and I had crab legs, (of course!). After lunch, we went back to the house where there was a Back to the Future marathon on ABC Family!! They must have known it was my birthday ;) Plus, I got to have a FaceTime chat with my parents. It’s not the same as having them with me, but it was a good substitute!

Later in the day, we had dinner at the Melting Pot with Annette! We had the big night out course, which was delicious! Phil and I also got a glass of their Asti sparkling wine, which was really yummy! I’ll need to remember the name for later.


When we got to the table, I had a birthday card that was signed by all of the staff at the Melting Pot. It was so sweet!

Cheese fondue with two kinds of bread, apple slices, and veggies!

All the different meats, which included duck. It was heavenly…

 Our dessert fondue was changed from the White Chocolate Crème Brule, (because I don’t like white chocolate) to S’more fondue!

Plus, I got a personal birthday cheesecake slice with a pink candle. It’s like they know me! LOL


After dinner, we met up with some other friends, Alicea and Justin, and eventually my brother, at our favorite Tulsa bar, McNellie’s! I had my favorite beer, Lindemans Framboise, and we just had a great time. Of course, I partied like a 25 year old because we were home and in bed by 11:30 p.m. HAHA


Sunday we went to church, had lunch at Jason’s Deli with our friends, Abbey & Matt, (Abbey’s birthday is the day after mine!), and just had a nice relaxing afternoon.

We got home around 10:45 p.m. last night so we went straight to bed. I am so thankful for all the wishes I got in person, on facebook and twitter. I felt very special and blessed to have such great people in my life.

I do want to make a special shout-out to Mr. Jon, another good friend of ours that had a birthday yesterday too! I sure hope he had a great day :) Though, with a wife like Carrie, I’m sure they had a super amazing day!!

"Seasons of Love" by Cast of Rent from Rent Movie Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...