Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bébé Week 10 Update

{via}

What a week! I had so much to do the last part of the week that I did not even check my email over the weekend! However, it was completely worth it :)

Friday I went to the office for the first half of the day. Then I got home, helped Phil pick up a little, and then his parents came to the apartment. We relaxed for a bit before driving down to Norman to see my folks and drop Phil off so he could great ready for commencement! It was really chilly and windy, which is not what you would expect for mid-May in Oklahoma! However, the ceremony was great and I was filled with so much pride and joy when Phil was hooded :D Even though he still has some time before he's "officially" done, the end is in sight. I know he will be so happy and proud of his accomplishments once he's completely done. Until then, he's just working as hard as ever. I did get some pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I may save them until he's completely done, but we'll see.

Saturday was busy trying to fit in as much time with my parents as I could while getting other things done. My mom took me to Home Depot for some plants as a belated Mother's Day/Easter gift! It was fun picking out the flowers, then playing in the dirt. I always thought gardening would be a fun hobby, but I've never had the resources to get started. Maybe this will start the ball rolling so that I can be ready when we have a house.

Sunday I drove up to Tulsa for Annette's wedding shower! Things went really well and she had a great time, (which was the entire point)! Plus, the mustache lollipops were a hit ;) After the shower, we got to hang out for just a little bit before Phil and I had to drive home. After going to bed around midnight the two nights prior, I was out like a light by 10:30, (after watching Army Wives as soon as I got in the door HAHA).

Monday was pretty uneventful.

Today I had a doctor's appointment with my nurse, Melanie. She sat Phil and I down and just explained what's going to be happening from here on out in terms of doctor visits, tests they can do or that they require, moved my due date back to 12/10 according to my LMP, (last menstrual period), and answers the questions we had. The really funny part about the visit is I learned Melanie is pregnant with her 3rd child! I think it's really cute that my nurse is pregnant too ;)  After our discussion, I had to give three vials of blood and a urine sample. Now that's done, here I am at the office.

Here is my baby update for 10 weeks, even though I'll have to move them to Saturdays from now on. It's so nice knowing I'm almost to the 2nd trimester!!

Today's date: May 17, 2011

How far along: 10 weeks, 3 days (10 weeks from old due date of 12/13)

Total weight gain: I've actually lost about 6 pounds so far. 

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a prune or small plum! The organ systems are established, the placenta is starting to work its magic and baby's eyes are closed until week 27. 

Sex: I think I know, but it's too soon to check

Maternity clothes: I have a Be Band for my jeans, 2 new maternity cargo pants, a black skirt, and a maternity dress from Kohl's and Target. I don't have any shirts yet. Also, if you have shopping suggestions, PLEASE send them my way! I'm having a hard time finding good stuff.

Sleep: I love to sleep. I usually feel like I could take a nap, but just laying down seems to satisfy that. 

Best moment(s) of the week: Seeing my folks, having a good doctor's appointment today, and watching my husband get hooded for his PhD!

Movement: Nothing yet.

Food cravings/aversions: My aversions are starting to grow: pork, most meats, mac & cheese, peanuts, peanut butter, strawberries, all mexican food, spinach, anything creamy. My craving this week was mostly Cinnamon Life cereal, whole pickles and nachos, (though I haven't had the nachos).

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran everyday as close to noon as I can. Sometimes even with the medicine, I still get queasy. However, I am keeping food down and I figure I'd feel worse if I didn't take the medicine.

Symptoms: Constant sickness, tired, gassy (sorry Phil!), sore/heavy boobs, and bossy/irritated.

Labor signs: none

Belly button in or out: in

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat on June 2nd! Also, my best friend is getting married on Friday, which also happens to be Phil's birthday!! Big and fun weekend for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...