Monday, May 2, 2011

Hold You Forever In The Middle Of My Heart...

{via}
I do want to apologize for starting my new blog and then not posting very often. I've had lots of things come to the surface and now I can finally let them all off my chest. Hang on kids, this post is going to be a doozie!

First and foremost, Phil will be walking for his graduation on May 13th!! He won't be officially done yet, but we figured doing it 2 months early would mean more than waiting 10 months. You see, at OU, if you are a Ph.D. graduate, they only do the hooding ceremony in May. Phil is on course to defend in late June, early July! With that being the case, he didn't want to wait that long to be hooded so he's opting to go through the ceremony. I am so very proud of him! Even though it seems like he will never get his dissertation done, he's really close and I know he can do it :)

Secondly, we are all settled into the new apartment. We went bed shopping and will be the proud owners of a really comfy king sized bed next week! Once we get the mattress, we'll move our queen size bed into our guest room. That room is pretty tiny, but the bed will fit and that's all that matters!

Third, we have some news on Phil's job front. He is still applying everywhere he can, but he hasn't been getting many interviews. We think part of the problem is, even though he has 3 papers written, none of them have actually been published just yet. He's getting a little down about it, but he knows it's just temporary. We're still talking about moving somewhere out of state, but regardless of what job Phil gets, I won't allow us to move until January of 2012. For this reason...



That's right! I am 7 weeks and 6 days pregnant!! I'm due on December 13, 2011 :D

I took a pregnancy test early in the day of 4/1, and it looked negative. I went about my day feeling stupid and broken-hearted. After dinner, I decided to throw the test away. When I picked it up, I swore I saw a very very faint line. Phil couldn't see anything so he told me to take another test on Sunday morning. When I did, even he could see a faint line! I went to the doctor on 4/4 and my hcg was at 81. By Wednesday, 4/6, it jumped to 203! I went for an ultrasound on 4/14 to make sure baby was in the right place and not a tube and it looked good! However, with it being so early, we didn't see the baby. I had my second ultrasound this morning and, even though we didn't hear the heartbeat, we saw the flicker and the technician told us it was a health 170 bpm :) For the past 2 weeks, I've been feeling super awful. I've thrown up more than I have my entire life, but it's worth it :) I will tell you what I've tried and if there's anything you can think of that could help, I will take ANY and all advice on making me feel a little better!

Preggie Pops - nothing
Ginger Chews - made me gag
Ginger Snap cookies - nothing
Phenergan cream - nothing
Ginger Ale - nothing
Eating and drinking separately - nothing



Already have the picture framed!

Told you I had a good reason for being gone ;)

Have a lovely Monday y'all!

"Baby Don't You Cry (The Pie Song)" by Quincy Coleman and Andrew Hollander from Waitress (Music from the Motion Picture)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Coghills! :) When I saw your 'unspoken' prayer request on Twitter ... I totally had a feeling it might be this and prayed for it just in case! I am so happy for you both! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am -so- happy for you, I could cry happy tears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know this, but I am SO happy for you!!! :) Hope those P6 (sea bands) help... Otherwise I'm not sure! Maybe just keeping a little something on your stomach at all times? I've also heard protein stays down better than other stuff sometimes. We had a vegetarian patient who was SUPER morning sick recently & she ate some chicken (!) and it actually stayed down while nothing else did! Might be worth it. I've also heard to stay with bland foods, but I'm sure you're already doing this. Still thinking of you like crazy & hoping you're feeling better asap!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard pickles and ice cream, or some other strange amalgamation of flavor, works wonders. Listen to your appetite I guess, grasshopper. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...