Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bébé Week 38 Update


Today's date: November 26, 2011

How far along: 38 weeks

Total weight gain: Around 21 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is nearing the size of a leek (about 21" long, if she's going to be that long. Otherwise, she's whatever length she'll be born at)  and weighs around 6 pounds and 9 oz! She has a firm grip and all of her organs are developed for life outside the womb. She has some hair, (the ultrasound tech confirmed this), and she's getting into position to be born.  {per}

Sex: Girl

Maternity clothes: Just about everything

Sleep: I have no trouble sleeping for several hours. I do wake up every few hours to pee or change positions. I've only had a few instances where it took me awhile to fall back asleep, but I always could.

Best moment(s) of the week: Having a good appointment, being with my family for Thanksgiving, and being just about prepared for Jill's arrival!

Movement: Baby girl is a mover and a shaker. She does have quiet moments, but overall she's active.

Food cravings/aversions: No real aversions, but I had some heartburn/acid problems yesterday and part of today that made me lose my appetite. I didn't have a specific craving, but our green bean casserole really hit the spot! I may make more so I can eat it all! HAHA

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran almost every day and can keep food down. However, I do still have some moments of queasiness regardless of what I do or eat.

Symptoms: Baby bump, peeing constantly, waddling instead of walking, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain/cramps, some heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: I'll feel some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but nothing major and no abdominal cramping. I can feel Jill moving around lower than normal and it causes some of the nerves in my pelvis to really hurt for a few moments.

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: Jill coming into the world REALLY soon!

Weeks 18, 28, and 38 for fun...

If you have followed me for more than a few months, you know that I have a tendency to completely ignore my computer, (and my cell phone), when I'm with my parents. Most of the time, our visits are incredibly short so I like to soak up every second that I can. In fact, I had 33 texts to go through at one point! I'm sure y'all understand anyways :)

We had an ultrasound on Tuesday to confirm Jill's position and her size. I don't know how long she is, but she was 6 lbs and 7 oz. Everything else looked great! However, this is the only "good" picture we got...
Someone was sleeping with her arm across her face. She is definitely my little sugar booger :) My parents got in late Tuesday night.

Wednesday we had an early appointment with Dr. V. No change in my cervix, which is ok. Then my parents and I ran a few errands before touring Phil's place of employment/had lunch with him. 

Thursday was of course full of cooking and eating and spending time with one another. My brother was able to make it to dinner so the 5 of us had a great time. Plus, I was happy to use some of my hostess-y things, like my gravy boat, monogrammed napkins, etc. After we relaxed for a bit, we all went to see the new Muppet movie! Even though it was crowded, and the lady behind me was annoying the tar out of me, it was a fun movie that we all enjoyed. My brother ended up crashing on my couch so that we could all be together for a little longer.

Friday, my parents left about 7:15 a.m. to drive home, (my mom had a funeral she needed to do this morning), and Phil went to the TU v. Houston game in Tulsa. My brother ended up sleeping in the guest room for a little longer, but left around 2 p.m. I wasn't alone for long, but I was happy to have Phil home later because I always get a little depressed the day my parents leave. Unfortunately Phil pinched a nerve in his shoulder and has been in pain off and on since he's been home. However, he is starting to feel a little better so I hope he's back to normal tomorrow.

Today, we ran to Target for cat food and grabbed a warm drink at the Starbucks inside. It was really rainy and chilly so it was a nice treat. Then we came home and relaxed for most of the day. I did finish washing all of Jill's clothes and we are officially decorated for Christmas! This might be the earliest I have decorated my home for Christmas, but I wanted to be prepared. I know I won't be in the mood or have the energy once Miss Jill is here. There was a moment when I was asking Phil about water breaking because I was peeing nearly every 30 minutes for about 2ish hours. I just wanted to see if he remembered what they said in our birthing class about slow leaking water when it breaks. Apparently I made his heart skip a beat by doing that! I called my mom to be sure, but we all decided it was just pressure on my bladder. I will be a little more cautious about asking Phil those kinds of questions though HAHA He seemed pretty calm to me though which is important. Even if my water had broken, it was no time to panic. I didn't even really have any Braxton Hicks today so I wasn't too worried about it. My lower back is a little sore tonight, but that could be for a number of reasons.

Overall, we had a great week and I can't wait until my parents come back for Jill's arrival! Now it's time to play catch up with Twitter and blogs...

Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Jill will be here soon! How exciting for you guys!!! :) And you look great, girly! Your belly is pretty amazing and i can't wait to get to that point too!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...