Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bébé Week 36 Update


Today's date: November 12, 2011

How far along: 36 weeks

Total weight gain: Between 15, 15 1/2 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a crenshaw melon (about 20" long)  and weighs nearly 6 pounds! Even though her lungs still need a little more time to mature, all of her other organ systems are basically ready to go! She is also starting to shed her lanugo and vernix coating.  {per}

Sex: Baby Girl!

Maternity clothes: Only a few shirts and 1 dress are not maternity. If I try to wear a non-maternity shirt out, you can usually see the seam in my maternity pants.

Sleep: Overall I haven't had trouble sleeping. I was very tired this entire week. However, the last 2 nights I have woken up every 2 hours or so. I don't always switch positions or pee so I'm curious as to why I'm waking up.

Best moment(s) of the week: Crossing off items on my to-do list, receiving our swing from my parents and getting it set up and hearing that baby girl is still doing great at the doctor appointment.

Movement: She squirms quite a lot and I love it :)

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions, aside from no desire to be near seafood. My main craving this week was a root beer float from Sonic.

Morning sickness: I have to take Zofran once a day to keep food down. I may get a little queasy throughout the day, but it's nowhere near where it was in the first trimester.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain, heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: I'll feel some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but nothing major and no cramping.

Belly button in or out: In, but Phil and I are betting if it will or not by the end.

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: My parents coming for Thanksgiving, and my baby coming into the world!

Weeks 16, 26, and 36!

This past week was my last week of working. Not only was that occupying my mind, but I was exhausted by 7:30 every night so I would basically go to bed around 8. Now that I'm no longer employed, I bet you'll be hearing from me a bit more often ;) Plus, I need to catch you up on my 30 day Photo Challenge, (yes, I'm still doing it - promise!).

Hope y'all have had a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. You look great, mama!! :) I can't believe you're already at 36 weeks, that is so frigging exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! I'm so excited that she's almost here!!!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...