Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bébé Week 37 Update


Today's date: November 19, 2011

How far along: 37 weeks - officially full term!

Total weight gain: Around 17 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is nearing the size of a watermelon (about 21" long, if she's going to be that long. Otherwise, she's whatever length she'll be born at)  and weighs nearly 6 1/2 pounds! (We will have more personalized numbers on Tuesday after our ultrasound. I'm curious to see if she's on track or slightly smaller than what these sites tell me.) She is considered full term, but the more cooking she can do, the better. Jill is continuing to gain weight as well as practice swallowing, blinking, and other skills she will need before she's here. She is starting to shed all her vernix and lanugo, (the longer she's in me, the less will be present when she's born).  {per}

Sex: Sweet baby girl!

Maternity clothes: Just about everything is maternity unless I'm staying home... then I'll wear what's clean HAHA

Sleep: Still able to sleep for several hours comfortably for the most part. I do wake up once or twice to use the bathroom and I may have some discomfort as I attempt to get out of bed. However, I am very lucky that I can usually sleep just fine.

Best moment(s) of the week: Having a good appointment, being almost completely done with my to-do list/Christmas shopping, and learning that we get another ultrasound on Tuesday!

Movement: All the time. Not only is it fun for me, but watching Phil interact with her is one of the sweetest things I've ever witnessed :)

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions and my cravings usually depend on what people are eating on TV. If I see pancakes, I want pancakes. If they are talking about nachos, by golly I want some nachos.

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran almost every day. I have gone two different days this week without one, but I am usually pretty queasy the next morning without it. Also, even if I take one, I'll have moments where I don't feel so hot, but it's usually because I need a snack of some kind.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, waddling instead of walking, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain/cramps, some heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: I'll feel some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but nothing major and no abdominal cramping. I've had some pelvic cramping today, but nothing too horrible. At the appointment with my Dr. on Thursday, she said my cervix is soft, but closed. I know this can change at any point, but I figured that means my body is starting to get ready a little bit :)

Belly button in or out: In and may just stay that way.

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: My parents coming this week and my baby coming into the world REALLY soon!

Now for Weeks 17, 27, and 37

Our mental health day/anniversary was wonderful! We woke up and had a great breakfast at Prairie Thunder Bakery! I want to apologize for the picture though. When I want to take photos of my food, it seems I get a little excited and remember the photo halfway through eating HAHA
Phil had an omelette, toast, and coffee. I had a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant, (croissant bread btw), and English Breakfast tea. We also split a yummy cranberry orange scone!

Phil happy about his yummy breakfast :)

After breakfast, we went to the local mall to get my rings inspected, as well as to walk around so I could give Phil some Christmas gift ideas. Well, it was really hard to get my rings off for the inspection, so we had to make another stop after the mall, (but I'll get to that). We walked around, but there's not really much at the mall I'd want so I wasn't much help to Phil. We got a cookie and bottle of water before we headed out. However, we did see this...
The sign says: Lush coming soon!

I'm so excited we're finally getting a Lush in Oklahoma! And in OKC no less! I always figured Tulsa would be first, but I'm happy to be wrong. I have no idea when it'll be open, but that fact that it's coming makes me a happy girl :)

After the mall, we went to Target to try and drum up some Christmas gift ideas. Before we left, (because we apparently have to buy something every time we're there), we got a little something for me.
I feel pretty happy that I made it to almost 37 weeks before my fingers needed a bigger ring. My hands were pretty swollen yesterday. However, I love my new "wedding ring" ;)

Once I had a new ring for my fat finger, we went home for lunch. I gave Phil some much needed Xbox time while I finished some projects/took a nap. We went to dinner at Paseo Grill and it was amazing! I had a steak and Phil ordered the duck. We shared some Creme Brulee, and coffee for dessert and felt completely stuffed, but happy :) It's hard to believe that 5 years ago we were newly engaged and had dinner at Chili's! LOL I guess that means we're adults now right? (Eh... we'll probably never be real adults anyways HAHA)
Us before dinner <3

For our last hurrah and celebration of our engagement, it was pretty great. I'm so glad we were able to it. I think we're officially ready to welcome baby girl into the world and be a family of 3 now :)

I hope y'all have had a great and relaxing Saturday as well!

2 comments:

  1. You guys look great! :) And I'm so excited about LUSH opening in OKC and San Diego, woo!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so wonderful, little mama! :)

    and that breakfast looks SO good! Breakfast at any time of day is my latest craving. haha!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...