Monday, June 23, 2014

New Recipes FTW {Mexican Chicken Soup}

One of the new recipes that I really love is Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup from the lovely Against All Grain. I do not require a gluten-free, Paleo, SCD, etc. lifestyle, but it is in the interest of my health to eat recipes like this from time to time. I've tried a few recipes, and all of them have been absolutely delicious! Definitely check her out for some great ideas, especially if you need those types of recipes!

This is a good recipe to toss in the Crock Pot in the morning and it will make your whole house smell amazing. The first time I made it, I immediately put it in the fridge for later use. It tasted just as good reheated as it did straight from the cooker!

I took pictures to help show the steps to making the soup. However, look up the recipe from the original site HERE.

Both times I did some similar alterations to the recipe. I will write those changes in italics when necessary.
{This is how most of my cooking starts; main cooking dish next to my laptop ;)}
{I just happened to make homemade bone broth this week, so I did 2 cups of the chicken broth, and 4 cups of water}
{Whenever I cut jalapenos, I use the bag from the store to help keep the oil off of my hands. It works well for me!}
{I also only used 1/3 of the Poblano pepper to make sure it wasn't too hot for my young daughter}
{I love how colorful this is!}
{Jillian helped by lining up all of the baby oranges...}
{and David took a nap :)}
{I had some fresh tomatoes, so I used my juicer to make homemade tomato juice. It was thinner than store bought, but worked for my family.}
{Mixing the spices together}
{I didn't want to cook the chicken first, so I used a cooked deli chicken from the grocery store}
{I filled my 1-cup measuring cup with chicken I picked off. I saved any remaining meat for lunch later in the week.}
{I felt lazy about cleaning my juicer, so I just squeezed the limes by hand.}
{What it looks like all put together! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!}
{Because of the cooked chicken, I only place the soup on low for about 7-8 hours.}
{It will make your house smell ah-may-zing!!}

{Trust me when I say that it is as delicious as it looks!}
{I didn't try making the cheese chips, but I usually eat this soup too fast to top it with anything.}

If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Happy cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...