Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Crochet Adventures

I decided that I wanted to learn to crochet this year! I had tried before, but got frustrated easily and gave up. I cross-stitch, but needed a new challenge. Let's be honest... mama needed a hobby. Knowing my mom knows how to crochet, (though she has moved on to knitting), I figured she could help me. For my birthday, my parents gave me money to start my crochet journey! I got a needle, a How to Crochet book, and some pretty yellow yarn. Then, the adventure began...

{This was just my practice stitch piece. I just kept doing single rows until I felt confident enough to do an actual project!}

{This was my first project. I found the instructions here. It didn't come out exactly like I thought, even though I did exactly what the instructions said. I made a second one for my mom and just added more rows to make it look correct. The second one came out really well, but I sent it off to my mom before I got a picture.}

{I then made the bow for a hat for Jillian. It was almost cute enough to stand alone!}

{I also made a few hearts just to practice my stitches. Instructions are here}

{The bow I mentioned early? Here is the hat it went with. I technically did the hate incorrectly, but it is stinkin' adorable! I can't wait for Jillian to wear it this winter :) Instructions here}

{Since I made something for my mom for Mother's Day, I wanted to do something for my dad for Father's Day! First of all, there's not much manly stuff you can crochet. Trust me, I looked! However, I found a Golf Tee Holder here, and decided to make it for him. I even embroidered his name on it. He thinks it's pretty cool, and Phil requested one too! Guess I have my next project...}

{Finally, this is the Kwazii doll I made from this instruction book I bought on Ravelry. I wanted to make another one, but Jillian has already moved on from Octonauts. They are really cute though!} 

I'm self taught, so I know there's room for improvement. I did enjoy these projects! Because of the pinched nerve in my shoulder, I took a hiatus from crocheting for the month of June. However, I do have a few things in mind to make once I'm confident that my shoulder/neck will not flare up again :)

Do you crochet? What is your favorite thing to make? Do you have any favorite websites? What do you think is the hardest thing about crocheting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...