Saturday, October 31, 2015

Carb-Cycling Update 3 {3 Months - 90 Day Check In}

Here we are at 90 days into this new lifestyle for me. I remember hearing a quote about
not being worried about the time that it will take to change because the time will pass anyways" (paraphrased quote by Earl Nightingale via) I have found this to be so very true. These 90 days would have come and gone just as much as it would have if I made no changes at all. I really and truly am thankful for my support team, and for the strength God has given me to do this. Truly, sometimes I have willpower that I never knew existed before :) Here we go folks...


The Breakdown:

- I am currently doing the Turbo Cycle from Chris Powell's book, Choose More, Lose More for Life.
- I am taking prenatal vitamins, and a slow-release calcium supplement everyday

Struggles:

- Having to go to multiple grocery stores. (or purchase online), to get what I need to be successful. It's more annoying than anything really
- Saying no to certain foods, especially anything sugary, when I'm stressed out
- Finding a way to start working out without overdoing it, and fitting it into my schedule
- My body has been getting used to good stuff that sometimes it aches when I'm not being extra careful.

What's Been Easy:

- I still love the structured plan.
- My guilt-free reward day is always great, and I no longer need to count calories! I can usually just keep my portions in mind, and do really well.
- Food prepping no longer takes half a day to do. Shopping at the grocery store has gotten much easier too! It's almost like second nature :)
- I have had a few days where I wasn't able to full cook and meal prep, so I improvised. For the most part, I can do really well with that, and not sabotage myself :)

Non-Scale Victories (NSV):

- I can put on and take off my size 18 pants without unzipping or unbuttoning them!
- I can drink 1 gallon of water a day without a second thought. Drinking less makes me feel dehydrated
- Being able to do things like go to a caterer tasting on behalf of my brother, (for his wedding), and plan in such a way that I don't completely go off the wagon!

- Wedding ring is easy to take off my finger
- Others are starting to notice changes!
- Getting great support from my parents, friends, and my husband :)

The Nitty-Gritty Numbers:
{Starting Weight} - 225.8 lbs

{Current Weight} - 194.0 lbs
{Total Loss to Date} - 31.8 lbs

Inches Lost - 16.5" Overall
Most Inches Lost - 4" in hips

Here are some comparison photos. The first ones are from 2014, but I was about the same weight and measurements, so they work :)

{Left: 8/2014   Right: 10/2015}

{Left: 8/2014   Right: 10/2015}

{Left: 8/2014   Right: 10/2015}

The decision to start carb-cycling has been one of the best ones I've made in my adult life. I'm blown away by my results, and I can't wait to see where I'll go from here :) Only 17 more pounds until I weigh what I did on my wedding day!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! You look so phenomenal, I am so proud of you! I will coming back to these posts in about 6 months to get some motivation for myself. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...