Thursday, December 31, 2015

December Highlights

December is always a little extra hectic in our family. Between three birthdays, the holidays, and throwing in a new pregnancy, this year was a little extra crazy. It was a great way to end 2015 though :)

{I just love this picture of David! He looks like such a big boy in this picture :')}

{David requested M&M Cookies instead of a cake. We made it work!}

{He had a hard time waiting for us to sing to him! HAHAHA}

{He got lots of great gifts, including this cowboy hat. Happy 2nd Birthday to my Davey Boy!}

{I helped host a babysitting event, followed by a lock-in for our youth group girls! The babysitting was pretty successful, and I think everyone had a great time. Boy, I'm getting too old for lock-ins ;)}

{I took another test the morning after the lock-in, just for peace of mind. Yup, still getting darker! Plus, the nurse made me a little nervous about my numbers earlier in the week, so I was using every last test I still had so I could stay calm}

{My wonderful daddy turned 60! I adore this man :)}

{We threw an Arty Party for Jillian's birthday on her birthday! Quick clean up pre-party}

{We had a great time celebrating with our friends! Jillian had a blast, which is the whole point :)}

{Jillian asked for this lei, but only kept it on for about 4 minutes. Oh well, that's our 4 year old! Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Pea!}

{The kids loved the pinata! I may have overfilled it, and we still have tons of candy left over}

{And finally, the amazing cake my talented friend, Elena, made! It was awesome, and delicious :)}

{We finally purchased a new over the stove microwave, and Phil decided to replace it. When he went to plug it in, he discovered this is what the old outlet looked like. I'm just glad it didn't cause a fire!}

{See this super tiny sticker? Jillian got mad at us, and stuck it up her nose... on a Friday night. Instead of going to an ER, I looked at her nose, and decided I could go "Operation" on her and get it out myself. Besides, I've seen Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs. Luckily, I was able to get it out, and Jillian barely noticed. You better believe we had a LONG discussion about sticking things in our nose.}

{We went to the Hearts for Hearing Christmas party, where Jillian got to sit with Santa! Davey was not interested at all, but Jillian was all about it. Plus, she told her audiologist, and speech therapist, (who are both pregnant by the way), that we're getting a baby too! Guess the cat is out of the bag! LOL}

{Jillian had her Christmas program for preschool. She did a great job, and she had the best dance for "Feliz Navidad"}

{It wasn't as inexpensive as it has been in the past, but we got our Christmas tree up, and decorated! This was the first year I really let the kids decorate all by themselves. The OCD in me wanted to fix it, but I was able to hold back.}

{Just caught a sweet moment :)}

{After making some cookies, we let the kids pick one cookie to decorate and eat. This was just before the decorating chaos ensued!}

{Our family after the Christmas Eve Service. I love my people :)}

{We FINALLY got to see/confirm the pregnancy on the 30th! It felt like forever waiting to see if my pregnancy was ectopic or not. We even found a good strong heartbeat, so I was finally able to relax... somewhat. August 5th, watch out for BB-3!}

{On the last day of the year, I wasn't sure if I should be mad or proud. The kids worked together, and got every single toy, and article of clothing from Jillian's room into David's. I mean... really?!? Daddy helped us clean it up, and all was right with the world again :)}

May 2016 be as full, and joyful as 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...