Saturday, January 2, 2016

BB-3 Week 9 Update

Like Jillian and David, I will be starting weekly updates now, but won't do pictures until Week 12.

Today's date: January 2, 2016

How far along: 9 Weeks

Total weight gain: My weight keeps fluctuating between the same 2-3 pounds. As of now, I have lost 1 pound.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a green olive or pecan. They have graduated from an embryo to a fetus, and we should be able to hear their heartbeat on doppler next week. {via}

Baby is a: baby! I should find out around my birthday :)

Maternity clothing: I'm starting to wear pants for now, but only because regular pants get tight after awhile. I'm kind of living in my sweatpants right now.

Sleep: Sleep is pretty good! I need around 8 to 9 hours, or I feel like a zombie the next morning. I usually take one quick nap a day.

Movement: Nothing I can feel just yet. Looking forward to that again!

Cravings/Aversions: I've been craving things like lemon cake, tomatoes, salads with ranch dressing, rice, cornbread, and I wanted brown gravy for awhile, but that's no longer a craving. Aversions are mostly the smell of cooking meat, peanut butter, OJ, bacon, apples, coffee, cheese part of the time, and anything that just doesn't sound good at the moment.

Morning Sickness: Some queasiness, but I haven't actually thrown up yet! *knocks on wood* Most of the time, I just have zero appetite or nothing sounds good. I can usually make myself eat something, which is good!

Symptoms: Sore/heavy boobs, tired, gassy, slightly more moody than normal, heartburn, dizziness, and some nausea.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was sicker than a dog with Jillian, and a little less tired with David. I also feel crazy bloated. I am starting the pregnancy off at my lowest weight, so I'm interested to see how that pans out! Also, I have a high probability of developing gestational diabetes with this pregnancy now that I'm not on Metformin.

The best moment of this past week: Finally confirming the pregnancy, seeing BB-3 and their strong heartbeat on ultrasound, and having Phil around for the holidays :)

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My next appointment in a month, things getting back to normal after the holidays, and finding out if Jillian gets the sister she's begging for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...