Friday, January 29, 2016

BB-3 Week 13 Update

My doctor moved my due date back 1 day, (I think based on LMP), so now I'll have these updates on Fridays! Don't forget to vote for what gender you think BB-3 is!

Today's date: January 29, 2016

How far along: 13 Weeks - YAY 2nd trimester! (or last week of the 1st... whichever you go by!)

Total weight gain: I am 2 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a peach or a clownfish! The vocal chords are forming, and the intestines are moving from the umbilical chord to bébé's tummy. They also have fingerprints! {via}

Baby is a: baby for now. We should find out in 6 weeks!

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants consistently, but shirts are still a mix of maternity and regular.

Sleep: For the most part, I can't complain. I fall asleep relatively easy, but I do wake up to move positions a few times a night. I can go back to sleep ok, but I wish I'd just sleep through the night.

Movement: None yet, but I think it'll be soon!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are spaghetti, lemons, sweet potato fries, lime popsicles, Mexican food, strawberries, fresh fruit, Fruit Roll Ups, and salad. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats (especially fish!), anything overly sweet, greasy food, and anything that just happens to sound awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: Finally feeling pretty human again! I still have moments, usually around dinner time, when I need to lay down and try to muddle through a wave of nausea. The mornings go well, and it's more smells that make my stomach churn now. Still no throwing up, and no Zofran :)

Symptoms: Sore/heavy boobs, lots of stretching and sensations as my uterus grows, pimples, a little heartburn, some nausea, peeing a fair amount, headaches, and feeling tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still really sick, and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. My chin has been littered with pimples since week 4. My cravings and aversions are different from both of my previous pregnancies.  

The best moment of this past week: Hearing BB-3's beautiful 150bpm heartbeat on Wednesday :) This part is my least favorite of pregnancy, (including the last 3 weeks!), because I have no guarantee that things are still ok. My symptoms are starting to ease up because I'm around the 2nd trimester, and baby is moving, but I don't feel it yet. I have to assume everything is fine, and that's just not how my mind operates. It's so great to get confirmation that all is well :) Also, we announced on Facebook after hearing the heartbeat!

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: My next appointment, scheduling the big ultrasound soon, starting workouts again, having a girl's night soon, and warm weather sticking around!

Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...