Thursday, November 17, 2011

Relaxing Thursday

I'm going to be honest about the 30 Day Photo Challenge... I'm stuck on one of the photos. I'm not a photographer by any means so I have to find the owner's manual in order to do one of the photos. Hopefully I'll get back on that soon.

I've been really pushing myself ever since I've been home all day. I was trying to get everything that wasn't dusting/vacuuming the apartment done so I could focus on that for next week. By doing so, I've worn myself out. The good thing? All our Christmas cards are addressed, my shopping lists are almost completely taken care of, I have 1 more cook & freeze meal to do, and I only have 4 Christmas gifts to purchase before I'm completely done, (and I've wrapped what I already have). See why I'm tired now? HAHA I did have a really great lunch at Olive Garden yesterday with my two high school friends. I ate way too much, but it was totally worth it. I also have talked to my BFF Annette twice this week! This is something that doesn't always happen often so I'm very thankful for it. All in all, I am enjoying my time at home. Now if only I could stop nesting and start resting...

We had a doctor's appointment this morning and everything seems good! My cervix is soft, but closed which means no surprise arrivals in the next few days. She is also heads down and I got tested for Group B Strep. We get to have another ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon before our next appointment with my OB on Wednesday! I thought we wouldn't get another one so I'm pretty excited :) It sounds like it's just to confirm that she is in position and to see roughly how large she is. Every time I've been measured, it sounds like I'm right on schedule so I'm not worried about her being huge or anything. I don't know if we'll get more photos or not, but it'll still be good to see baby girl one more time before we see her in person!

I did want to share some photos with you! About a month ago, Phil and I went to my brother to see if he would be willing to take some maternity photos on TU campus (since we met at TU). Even though he's a gifted architect, I've always really enjoyed the photos he takes of buildings and of places when he travels. I didn't want the normal bare belly or kissing parents kind of photos so I didn't think it would embarrass him too much and we were happy when he agreed to do them. I looked to Pinterest for some inspiration, and these are what we came up with :) {I edited the photos using Picnik because I have no background in PhotoShop}






{p.s. This is Phil's favorite spot on campus because he loves Tulsa's skyline}



Tomorrow, Phil and I are taking a mental health day. It's kind of also our last hurrah before we're officially a family of 3. We're going to sleep in, eat breakfast at our favorite spot, then Phil has something up his sleeve for something to do in the afternoon and dinner. He's not allowed to do any work on his dissertation and I'm not allowed to do anything on my to-do list. Part of why we picked tomorrow is because it's our engagement anniversary :) I can't wait to share our day with you tomorrow night!

I hope you're having a great wrap up to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! You all are cute, and your bro is a good photographer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for head down! Good girl, Jill! Don't be stubborn like Ethan was. Hehe. :)

    Cute pics! REST, girl, REST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your pictures are awesome! The first one is my fave! :) We should exchange Christmas cards! (if you have extra ;)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...