Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Real Me

I know I'm months behind when most of my blog friends did this, but I wanted to do it today :)

If you knew the real me...


  • You'd know that I still do the duck face on selfies. And no, I don't regret it. And yes, it's only half joking. I don't care how lame it makes me.
  • You'd know that I am really sweet, unless we're playing Phase 10. It better be fast pace and I'd better be winning. Otherwise? I'm a little rude.
  • You'd know that I would rather go to Spain for a week than anywhere else in the world.
  • You'd know that I can't eat movie theater popcorn with butter. It gives me heartburn and a terrible stomachache.
  • You'd know that I'm the only one in my little family that doesn't get really cold feet. My nose gets cold the easiest and that's how I gage how cold I am in general.
  • You'd know I tried to be anorexic several times in junior high. I knew I couldn't throw up, so I tried not eating all day. I always caved at dinner time.
  • You'd know that I was handed alcohol in class my senior year of high school by someone who decided I needed to stop being a goody goody. It scared the crap out of me, and I had a friend take it home so I wouldn't get in trouble.
  • You'd know that I had near panic attacks in the car for the first 3 months of Jillian's life. I was convinced that we would get in a horrible accident and all of us would die. I was not a pleasant passenger up until a month ago.
  • You'd know that I'm still not a great passenger in the car. I like to be in control all the time.
  • You'd know that I told people I was allergic to coconut as a kid because I hated the taste when I was 6. I still haven't found the courage to try it as an adult.
  • You'd know that my humor is very much that of a 13 year old boy. Lots of potty, sex, and stupid jokes. Don't like "That's what she said" jokes? Don't worry, I can hold it in when it's inappropriate.
  • You'd know that I actually don't like wine very much. I like the following alcoholic drinks (in no particular order): most beer (except for Miller and Natural Light), champagne, dirty gin martini, straight whiskey, and margaritas.
  • You'd know that I could eat chips and salsa every day and never ever get tired of it!
  • You'd know that my Arkansas accent comes out on accident and randomly. I don't usually notice it either.
  • You'd know that I always have at least 3 projects I'm plotting in my head at any given time. Right now? I'm thinking about Jillian's big girl room, our living room, and Jillian's birthday party.
  • You'd know that I don't mind cleaning the bathroom at all. The chore I despise is taking out the trash. Luckily, Phil doesn't mind doing that at all.
  • You'd know that, even though I dissected a cat in high school with no issue, I loathe having to dig out the innards of turkeys. In fact, I usually use medical gloves and I still can't really look while I do it. It is disgusting and creeps me out!
  • You'd know that I am a loyal and loving friend as long as you let me :)

1 comment:

  1. I was (and still am most of the time) sooo scared of driving with V too. Ugh I was a huge mess early on too. And for sure we have the same humor ;) haha It makes me happy that other people find potty humor funny! oh and chips and salsa. EVERY DAY. hahaha Loved this post!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...