Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy to be Home

We made it home! After quite a few interesting events in the car, I can safely say I drove with Jillian by myself from KC to OKC. It would not be my first choice to do it again, but I know I can.

It seems goodbyes do not get any easier for me. {Well, it's easier in the sense that I don't blubber like a baby as soon as I drive out of my parents' sight.} My heart aches and I feel like time cruelly sped up those few days we had together. Unless my parents live in the same 100 mile radius as me again, I may always feel like this. I'll be a little down in the dumps for the next 2-3 days. I'll be re-watching Gilmore Girls for the umpteenth time. However, I'll get back in the swing of things. I'll begin to miss them only a little as much as normal. I'll look at the calendar date for their next visit and look forward to seeing them face to face once more. I'm truly a lucky girl to love and be loved by my immediate family as much as I do and am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...