Friday, May 22, 2009

Once Upon A Time In Arkansas...


Busy past couple of days... but totally worth it :)

Yesterday, I went to Tulsa for the day, even though it turns out I wasn't needed at all. Fantastic. Oh well, after that whole ordeal, I got to see Annette!! I realized before I went to Tulsa that I was able to see all of my BFFs this week! Quite a feat since some live as are as San Diego and St. Paul. When I got home, I had made cheesy potato casserole and some beer chicken (a recipe thanks to an LJ pal!) It was very delicious! Afterwards, Phil and I started to watch "Australia", but I got bored and eventually walked away. Phil thought it was ok, but a little too long.

Today I did laundry, picked up our re-created top tier cake, went to the mall with Jess and went to Kaylea and Tree's wedding! No, his name isn't really Tree, it's a nickname. His real name is Tristan. Anyways, the wedding was beautiful, but it turned into an awkward high school reunion that made me want to move even more than I have for awhile. Anyways, still had a good time and got some good pictures.

Tomorrow, Phil and I are going to Hot Springs for our 1 year anniversary trip!! I can't wait to go! I've been looking forward to this for quite awhile now :) I will make a post with a few pictures when we get back. Other than that, I hope y'all have a great weekend and Happy Memorial Day!

Be sure to thank someone who is in the military or the spouse/family member of someone who is fighting right now. They are the reason we can celebrate Memorial Day and live freely, (which for some people means getting really drunk on the lake the whole 3 day weekend =P). Thank you God, for those who sacrifice so much to make sure we can sleep in peace at night. Watch over those serving and the family members they left behind. Give them strength and a calm heart and watch over them. Amen.

Peace to you,


"Arkansas Traveler"

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...