Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On Top Of Spaghetti...

Even though the new one comes out today, I've been wanting this one awhile. I stayed up until almost 1 am trying to make the family and house I wanted =P I forgot how addicting the game is :)

I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs last night! I got pretty frustrated though because the first method wasn't cooking the meat very well so I looked up another way. Both times they didn't work and I have semi-raw meatballs! >:( Luckily, Phil got home about the time I was going to literally throw in the towel and saved the day. He cranked up the oven temperature and in no time we had perfect meatballs :D Our poor little Crockpot was a little to small for the original recipe I used so I ended up making quite a mess. Oh well, at least it was delicious!

About an hour after my uncle update, he apparently had another stroke. Ok, here's what I have so far. He did indeed have a stroke a few days ago when the doctors originally said he did not. He had the second stroke because the clot they were watching had a few pieces break off. They did get him stabilized and it looks as if the clot is big enough to lodge in place which, I guess, is what they were hoping would happen. Also, because of the clot, the doctors could not give him his blood pressure medicine (my dad and all of his siblings take high blood pressure medicine) and his pressure was in the 200s. Now that the clot is big enough, they can give it to him again. The doctor said that the next 2-3 days are crucial, but he is feeling more optimistic now. I just got off the phone with my mom because my parents drove down there yesterday. As of this morning, he had a good night and my parents are going to visit with him for part of the afternoon. Apparently my Aunt Joyce lives in an apartment right across the street from the hospital he is at which makes it very helpful :) So, it's still not really great, but it's better than before. I'm just worried about my dad, as always.

Other than that, just working and such.

Peace to you,


"On Top Of Spaghetti"

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...