Monday, June 1, 2009

In The Month Of June...


Well, here we are, in the month of June. May went by way too quickly for me. Though, it could just be how sore I am after my incredible migraine last night. I'm not tired, just really sore :(

Last night was the season finale/Lauren's series finale of The Hills followed by the MTV Movie Awards 2009. First of all, I agree that most moments were funny, but some were pretty lame. Oh well, that'll happen. Something I'm really not happy about is the fact that the last minute that included scenes for next season had NO sound and MTV couldn't even get it together until the movie montage in the opening of the award show. Grr.... I'm hoping to catch the scenes online even though I won't be watching.

It's funny, but I liked Kristin better than Lauren in Laguna Beach. I though Kristin was more real about who she is than Lauren. However, The Hills is about LAUREN! Not Audrina, not Whitney, NOT Speidi, not Holly, not Stephanie and NOT KRISTIN! This isn't Laguna people. Now that Lauren is gone, I will no longer be watching.

Speaking of not watching, I just can't bring myself to watch Jon & Kate + 8. I mean, I don't really believe all the tabloids saying they both cheated, but they are both obviously not really trying to do what is best for their children. Plus, I feel that Jon is being very immature for not even pretending that he wants to work things out. The kids are old enough to figure out what's going on. I used to love watching the show. I am aware that Kate has been super rough on Jon the past few years, (I'm not blind), and it's a LOT worse than when the show first started. However, they are both at fault and they are both not on the same page which makes it hard to work anything out. So, until I hear they're at least working things out, I don't want to watch a train wreck happen or even look at the children's faces knowing their world is slowly falling apart.

However, I can't cut off reality TV cold turkey, so I'm now watching The Little Couple! It's really precious :)

Phil and I tried to watch Blindness last night. It was awful and made me physically sick. I do NOT understand why there are so many rape scenes in movies now. It doesn't add to the story and it was UNNECESSARILY long. Not explicit, but long. Really no need for that. All you have to do is elude to it and not show it. Ughh... it's making me nauseous just thinking about it...

One last thing. Apparently Phil's fellowship notification has been pushed back AGAIN! Ugh... the worst part is, they didn't even email him to tell him. He found out by looking on their website. Jerks. So we will know by June 15th if he was awarded the fellowship or not. I promise you... if they move it one last time.... I'm going to do something not nice!! >:(

To end on a happy note, I'm going to try to make homemade spaghetti and meatballs using the Italian sausage Phil and I bought in Krebs tonight! It looks super tasty and it doesn't look like it'll take too long :)

Happy Monday everyone!

Peace to you,


"Eli's Song" by John Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...