Monday, June 1, 2009

You Make Me Smile...


I almost forgot to mention something!

Thank you to everyone who has been keeping my uncle in your thoughts and prayers! He is no longer in a coma and is aware of what is going on. Apparently, the doctor's are no longer trying to dissolve the clot, but make it large enough to remove it. The prognosis is definitely better than what it was and we are much more hopeful! I'll let you know if anything changes :)

Peace to you,


"Smile" by Uncle Kracker

EDIT:: I just realized that I never mentioned him on the blog, just my twitter. Here's the scoop. Pretty much my Uncle Tom, (my dad's only brother), started having slurred speech. Thinking he was having a stroke, my aunt took him to the hospital, but found out he wasn't having a stroke after all. A few months ago, they had to go in and clean out one of his arteries in the front of his neck because it got really clogged. The doctors decided to check an artery in the back of his neck too see if they needed to clean out that one and discovered a clot. The problem is, it was just the right size that they were worried if they tried to remove it, it would travel to his heart or his brain. They put him in ICU and put him in a coma hoping to find a solution. Originally they were going to dissolve the clot, but now they have other plans. As long as they can get the clot, he should be back to normal and his speech will be fine again::

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...