Thursday, March 25, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go...

I guess 23 is going out with a bang.

Tomorrow is my birthday and as a gift, my parents bought Hubby and I tickets to see them! This is great and I can't wait to go! However, this is how my day has gone. I'm already a nervous flyer so my stomach has been in knots all day. Then I go to work and it's "Annoy Renee" day because there are several issues to resolve and I feel like I can't do anything to help. Then I get 10 minutes to grab some lunch at Subway. I order a roast beef sandwich and I get a turkey with pepper jack cheese O_0 Ok, no big deal. Well then our flights get delayed and we won't get in until around 10pm. Awesome. I have lots to do still before our flight leaves, but luckily I finally got ahold of Hubby who is helping me get them done :)

As promised, here's a quick little blurb about our trip to San Diego! Warning: it's picture heavy!!

Our trip started with a road trip to Dallas! I had never been to the JFK memorial downtown so we took a quick detour. It was really amazing :)


Part of downtown Dallas


The exact spot where JFK was hit with the fatal bullet

We actually went to see a movie with my cousin that lives in Irving, but I didn't get any pictures :( However, we saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D at this new theater called "Studio Movie Grill". It's literally dinner and a movie! They give you menus and you have waiters who serve appetizers, entrees and desserts! It was really neat and the movie was good too.

Next day, we were up in the air :)


View of downtown San Diego from Coronado! We ate dinner at Harney Sushi and it was delicious

The next day we took a tour of San Diego. We started off at Torrey Pines Beach!


Aww... cold, but nice :)




We ate at a place called cups in La Jolla! The cupcakes were so good and made with all organic ingredients


Then we stopped by the beach in La Jolla

Where all the seals hang out! They were cute, but it smelled like a zoo


Then we stopped in University Heights for some lunch at El Zarape! Very good mexican food


We tried to go to the Museum of Photographic Arts, but it was closed :( However, we still walked around Balboa Park for a little while and went to the botanical garden


Then, just for Kelly, I went to Yogurt World!

They were very friendly, had all kinds of flavor choices and I loved it! I ended up with the Pomegranate/Raspberry and Chocolate swirled yogurt. Thanks for the tip Kelly!


Next we took a road trip to Disneyland and had lunch at In-N-Out Burger


Carrie and I at Disneyland!!

One of my favorite pictures of the day :)


Meeting the ears behind the operation ;) I have TONS of other pictures, but I don't have much more time before I have to go on my next trip. I promise they're pretty typical.

Love this store by the way! Stopped for some plane snacks before heading home. Great trip :)

So that was our Spring Break trip to San Diego. I hope you enjoyed the pictures!
Peace to you,
"Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver

3 comments:

  1. Yay, what an amazing trip! Making me miss San Diego. :) Especially Yogurt World!! So glad you liked it. :) Also, the Cove with the seals totally smells awful, but they are fun to watch.

    Do you guys not have Trader Joe's where you live? What a bummer! I shop there all the time.

    Have a great time on your next trip! I HATE flying too. But it'll be so worth it to see your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I'm glad you guys had such a nice trip! I am in need of a little vacay! Love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear. I'm finally following you on blogger. :) I had such a great time with in San Diego. It was a fantastic trip, and I really enjoyed seeing Carrie and Jon.

    Hope your birthday weekend has been fantastic so far!

    Love, PC

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...