Friday, March 12, 2010

When I Learn To Fly...

I decided to stay at school this afternoon in case I needed to do some major editing to my Intro to Public Administration research paper proposal for my 1pm class. I emailed what I had to Phil who sent it back with just a few word changes. I finished editing it about 11:15 and now I'm trying to pass the time. I really wish I had brought a book or something. Or maybe the school newspaper could have published a Sudoku puzzle like they have been since I started attending this school in January of 2009. Nope, I don't have a book. No, this week they decided to switch out the Sudoku with a word search :-/ I'm not good enough at crossword puzzles to do them without getting super frustrated. You know what, I'm not going to ruin the very beginning of Spring Break by being mad at a crossword puzzle! I flat out refuse. I've already solved both KenKen puzzles in the NY Times during my other hour of free time between my first two classes. Here I am updating my Blogger instead. At least this is my last class and assignment to turn in before I'm officially on Spring Break!! I have a feeling the drive home will be very pleasant and happy!

I am still pretty nervous about our flight to San Diego but I know it will be worth it. We're going to visit one of our best friends, (and one of our very few married couple friends), Carrie & Jon and their two mini dacshunds Nelly and Maeby! I know for a fact we're going to Disneyland for just a little bit, eating at Yogurt World just for Kelly, (I'll take a picture and everything!), and going out to sushi for my birthday! However, Jon's birthday is the day after mine. Since I don't feel right celebrating my birthday early and not his, Phil and I are going to treat them to the Museum of Photographic Arts because Jon is into photography! I think it should be fun!! I wish we could stay longer but Phil's advisor would not like it if we were gone the whole week. He thinks Phil shouldn't treat spring break like "an undergraduate". Well I'm sorry, but he's allowed to never be around and take multiple trips over the summer that last AT LEAST two weeks?! Doesn't sound fair to me, but whatever. At least we have time to go somewhere :) Plus, my parents are flying both of us up to MN for my birthday two weeks from now!!! I can't wait!! I guess I am older since the perfect birthday to me is going out to dinner and hanging out with my parents. Don't get me wrong, they're super great and fun to be around, but most of the people I know like to throw parties or go to clubs. Not really my scene to be honest. I think the trip will be a great way to welcome my 24th year of life :D

We're cleaning the apartment/packing tonight. We'll drop off one of our cats at the vet and giving my brother the key to our apartment to make sure the other two don't kill each other/break anything while we're gone. We are driving to Dallas the day before our flight leaves so I can see and visit with one of my cousins! I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving of 2008 and it will be good to see her. I did realize our flight is the day we move the clocks an hour ahead, but luckily the flight leaves around 2:30pm. HOPEFULLY that'll give us enough time to realize what time it really is ;) After that, it's on to California.

I hope y'all are having a good day so far and that you have a safe and fun weekend! I'll hopefully be able to do a mid-trip update. If not, I'll bombard you with pictures once we get home :)

Peace to you,


"Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters

1 comment:

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...