Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Am Going To Make It Through This Year, If It Kills Me...

I want to start off this blog with something serious. I was watching House on Monday night, and the fictional patient was a big time blogger who wrote everything about her life. Her husband said something at one point to the effect of "you went from just general tidbits to putting on an act for these people". I also read recently in the blogosphere that there are people who take other people's posts and pass them off as their own. It's a sort of plagiarism that is extremely hurtful because its almost like stealing someone's identity. Even if you change the names to fit you, that's not your life! I just want to say that this is me. No acts. No plagiarism. Nothing. This is who I am, this is how I'm feeling and this is what I'm dealing with right here, right now.

I'm back just in time for Spring Break! HAHA I just have 1 last paper to write before I'm home free :) Now I just have to get over this flying anxiety and I'll be good as gold!

The title of this blog is my new motto for the year. I have learned recently that I WILL graduate from college on December 18th unless I just fail every class from now on. Since I have NO intention of doing that, I'm VERY VERY HAPPY about this!!! I am also working with my psychologist to see what kind of job would make me happy so I'll feel like I have more of a plan for my life. It makes sense to me. I mean, no one would have much motivation to leave school if they didn't at least know what I they'd like to do at some point. I have so many interests that it's hard for me to make sense of them to see what kind of career they equal to. I'm hoping this exercise will help me realize there's a place for me somewhere :) So to summarize, I will take summer classes, attend 2 weddings, be in 2 weddings, continue working two jobs, (one of which I don't get paid for), go to GA in MN this summer, take fall classes, graduate and potentially move all by the end of the year. That, my friends, is why I picked the song I did :)

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to my trip for Spring Break, my birthday with my parents and getting the month of April out of the way. April has been my BUSIEST month the past 2 years, (in my defense, two years ago I was getting married a month later =P), and I'll be happy to have some free time once again.

I hope you're having a good week!

Peace to you,

"This Year" by The Mountain Goats

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy busy...and sounds like you have a lot of GREAT plans! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...