Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All You Can Do Is Try To Know Who Your Friends Are...


I'm back home :)

In following the trend I posted about before we left, Phil and I ALMOST missed our flight!! I had to run an assignment to school which took too long, then we got the airport after weaving in and out of rush hour traffic. We get to the parking garage where they've blocked off a couple of levels and it takes us about 5 minutes to park. As soon we we get inside the check-in area, we hear the FINALLY BOARDING CALL for our flight!! Holy moley! So we dash to the Southwest counter, which was thankfully not being used, and they lady called the gate to see if they could hold the plane. We were told to hurry and ran to the security check point. It was nice of people to let us through since we were clearly about to miss our flight. Thank goodness the airport isn't very big because we just BARELY made it to the gate. We were in the last 5 people to board the plane. We didn't sit together, but I was just happy we made it. Just describing it gets me all worked up again. That is an experience I hope to NEVER repeat. It did help me stay calm during that flight since I was just trying to catch my breath. It was quite obvious that I need to start working out again :-/

All in all we had a great trip! We did a few things, but overall just enjoyed each others company. I'm very thankful for my family. Plus, I finally got cowboy boots! Granted I got them at Mall of America in Minnesota, but I finally look like I belong in Oklahoma ;) I also got to sing at the service at my mom's church. People seemed to enjoy it and, more importantly to me, my parents were very impressed/happy :) I love making them proud.

Now it's back to the real world and the grind of things. I can't wait to be done with school and have a job with vacation time so I can see my folks more without feeling so out of whack when I get home.

I've wanted to do the "Getting to Know You" posts, but I keep forgetting. So here are some of the questions and I'll start doing them on Sundays :) Enjoy!


1. Are you more of a talker or a listener?
I'm really good at both! LOL I'm a good listener and I like knowing people feel they can trust me/rely on me. However, I can talk your ear off if you give me the chance :)
2. Bra. Underwire or wireless?
I used to wear underwires all the time. Now I think one is underwire and the other is wireless3. I wish I was.....?
able to fly better. I hate being so anxious and nauseous the whole day before and the day of. Plus, it looks like it may have to be the best way to travel after awhile since we won't live close enough to drive when we move.
4. The Academy Awards are on tonight... will you watch?
I most certainly did.
5. Do you put your deodorant on before or after you get dressed?
Before I get dressed and then I do the little don't-get-white-streaks-on-my-clothes dance ;)
6. Would you rather do the dishes or clean toilets?
Honestly, the toilet. When I was in girl scouts, the other girls always made me clean the toilets. I got over any issues with it after that. Plus, I'm so picky about my toilet being spotless, I'd rather clean it knowing I did a good and thorough job
7. How much did you weigh at birth?
I think 7 lbs 12 oz? I'm not entirely sure. Do you remember mom?
8. If you could only buy one thing for the Spring/Summer season...what would it be?
FLIP FLOPS FROM OLD NAVY!!! Love those things :)


1. What's your favorite Easter candy?
Cadbury Eggs. When I found out they're Phil's favorite, I knew it was love ;P
2. Who do you think is cleaner....men or women?
Overall I think women are
3. Which do you prefer... wordy blog posts or ones with pictures?
I like both because I like to know what's going on/important to people
4. Were you popular in high school?
Not popular in the stereotypical sense. I did hang out with a large group that I cared for and I was able to carry on decent conversations with just about everyone. Not every knew my name in school, but the important people did :)
5. What's your bra size?
I was a 36 DDD, at least, before I had breast reduction surgery. I believe I'm a 38 D right now because I gained quite a few pounds that I'm slowly, but surely, getting off.
6. How many states have you lived in?
3. I was born in Missouri, moved to Arkansas, then moved to Oklahoma. It'll be 4 after we're done with school. More than likely it'll be PA, but CO and MI are on the table. It'll all depend on the job market once Phil is ready to start applying.
7. What's one blog you read everyday?
I don't always get to blogger, but when I do, my top three blogs are Laura, Kelly and Ashley.

8. Peanut butter or Nutella?
Nutella!! Love that stuff


1. What year did you graduate high school?
2004
2. What part of your body do you neglect the most?
I would have to say my feet and my elbows. Both get really dry and I just don't ever take the time to put on lotion.
3. Beach house or Lake house?
Beach house. I like the lake, but it's just not the same as the clear, beautiful waters of the ocean :)
4. Mac or PC?I have always owned a PC, but I prefer Macs. We had Macs at my junior high and high school and I use one everyday that I'm at work. I REALLY don't like Vista either, which is part of what has propelled me to have a strong preference over the last 2 years.
5. Did you wear braces?

Yep, for exactly 2 years, 2 months and 1 week. I'm a nerd, I know :)

6. If you could be one person for a day... living or deceased... who would you be?
Honestly, it would either be Laura Ingalls Wilder or Amelia Earhart, (pre-suspicious disappearance). They are my heroes in terms of famous people7. How many times have you moved in your life?
Including moving around the dorms in college, 14. Not including the dorms, 7. I didn't live in the same room twice in college so I was always moving my stuff at the end of finals. Even though it can be stressful, I think I have moving down to an art. And I can pack a car up like a pro ;) I was always good at Tetris...
8. Would you rather cook or clean?
Depends on my mood. Some days I'd rather clean and others I'd rather cook. This works out for Phil and I since he likes to cook as well :)


1. Why did you start blogging?

I originally had a Xanga right before I graduate high school because one of my best friends convinced me to. She, my other best friend and I were all going to different colleges and that's how we would keep in touch. Then I had a Xanga and a Livejournal since many of my college friends had LJ. After trying countless times to get my parents to sign up so they could read my protected posts, (sorry, but it was quite an ordeal), I decided to have a public blog they could read easily. I don't regret having a public blog just because it keeps me from saying things I don't mean in the passion/heat of the moment.
2. Who's the blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"?
I have more than one and I do know a few of my blog friends in real life anyways ;) I guess it would be the same as the blogs I read, Laura, Kelly and Ashley. They seem to be the nicest and most down to earth that I don't already know :)
3. Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are?
It's mostly for my health now. Being diagnosed with PCOS has taught me that I really need to take better care of myself. Plus, I really don't want to become diabetic. I know Phil will love me no matter what because he's been with me through the "fat" and "skinny" phases of my life. Weight is something I do for me and no one else.
4 - What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you?
Sometimes you don't have to fix a situation. Just giving me a hug or listening to me is the best way to "handle" or "solve" an issue I'm having.
5 - Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes?
I don't have any, but I have thought about getting one once I finish school. It would not be visible when I wear "everyday" clothes so I don't have to worry about being stereotyped in the job market.
6 - What was the best year of your life and why?
I would have to say overall 2004 was the best year for me. I lost a lot of weight, graduated with honors from high school, had an amazing summer, then met the man of my dreams when I left for college. 2008 is definitely right behind it, but dealing with my parents moving kind of overshadowed the happy things. So far 2010 is creeping up on the scale so look out!
7 - Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day.
I don't know what I'd do. I guess use every trick in the book to not get something done, play video games, then watch tv while drinking some beer
8 - What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows?
Straight whiskey. What can I say, I'm a Native-American Scottish-Irish former sorority girl. I know how to hold my liquor and I like the good stuff. Though I do love cocktails and beer. I like almost anything but wine. I'm very picky about wine.

I hope y'all have a good Tuesday! And Happy Holy Week for those who celebrate :)

Peace to you,

"The Call" by Regina Spektor (BEAUTIFUL SONG! Check it out if you've never heard it)

1 comment:

  1. I have like a million things to say to this! I'm so glad you made your flight!! Also, I get nauseous and anxious the whole day before I have to fly, too! Ugh.

    It would be SO fun to be Laura Ingalls Wilder. (At least, that's how the books made it seem ... sometimes I'll get randomly really grateful for modern conveniences like my contacts or air conditioning or flushing toilets and I know I would make the WORST ever pioneer.)

    How funny that you neglect your elbows! Well, I guess not funny that you 'neglect' them, but funny you even thought about it--elbows would never have occurred to me, which I guess means that I neglect mine even more. (Which I do. I can't even remember the last time I had a conscious thought about mine.)

    P.S. Aww, thanks! Your blog is one of my top reads too. :)

    Totally, totally agree about how sometimes you don't want your situation 'fixed,' you just want to be listened to and validated.

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...