Friday, August 27, 2010

Kick Up My Heels For A Little While And Do It Country Style...

{via}
I've been MIA this week mostly due to two things:

1) School is happening again this year (but luckily, only for one more semester!)
2) My week has sucked.

Sucked.
Sucked.

Oh yeah, SUCKED!

Good gracious. I spent the whole weekend fighting off indigestion and cleaning up the apartment. This is honestly the cleanest our apartment has been since we moved in *almost* a year ago. I felt great and it was good to know I was starting my last semester on my journey to my bachelor's degree with a clean slate. Then it happened...

Now granted, my classes are not bad at all. In fact, I have 3 English classes back to back to back from 9 to 12 in the morning MWF, then a night class, Business Ethics, on Thursday nights. The classes are interesting, since they're all electives, and I really think it's gonna be a good semester. However, having 3 English classes, I'm already behind on my reading. Not severely behind by any means, but enough that I'm already a little worried.

However, then you throw in everything that happened this week. Things like, being left alone at the office and feeling unhelpful and incompetent 95% of the day; realizing my emotional pain from my miscarriage is finally surfacing now that my physical pain is finally gone; ordering a hot beverage and receiving an iced one; discovering the ants from spring/early summer are back and are not only attacking your trash, but also your cats' food dishes; having such bad digestive issues you have to LEAVE SCHOOL to avoid using the public restroom; have a huge fight with your husband; take a new supplement to FINALLY get so rest and wake up groggy and less rested than before... I think you catch my drift. It's literally one thing after another. I can't keep my head above water. The interesting thing is, my apartment is still clean. Can I really not have it all? Do I really have to be strong so much that it hurts? Can I not have it all together? Can I not enough my final semester?!

The short answer is "yes." The answer I feel like I'm getting is "Heck No!" However, I'm hoping a relaxing weekend full of fun activities will be just the key to get me prepped up to conquer next week head on. I have to trust that God knows what he's doing. I mean, I wasn't there for creation or anything so he seems to have a handle on it ;)

So for my Friday Five today, I'm doing the five things that never cease to make me smile :D

1) My family. My extended family is such a hoot, but it's really my immediate family, which now includes my amazing husband, that make all the difference in my life. They all mean the world to me and whether it's just listening, or finding ways to make me laugh, the four of them have the magic touch :)

2) My friends who will tweet, comment, and contact me in some way just to let me know they're thinking about me. People like Carrie, former-co-worker-lady-ma'am-before-she-left-for-texas-and-a-big-girl-job, my Venus, and several of my KD sisters. It's always nice to know that people love you because of who you are :)

3) The weather lately. Not only is it similar to what I'm told SoCal is usually like, but it's also showing the beginnings of fall weather and I canNOT tell you how excited about that I am!!! :)

4) Cuddling under my favorite blanket and watching movies like this, this, or even this :)

5) Listening to my iPod on a swing in the park, sipping on a Coke and just reminiscing about "the good ol' days" :)

p.s. On of my plans for the weekend is a bachelorette party/personal shower for one my best friends Abbey! Tonight I'm dressed in my hot pink tank top, turquoise skirt, (I purchased in NYC in 2004), and my cowboy boots :D Anytime I put these boots on, this song gets in my head and that makes me smile too! (Nerdy, I know... but hey, you know you like it =P)


What can always make you smile/happy when you're down?

Happy Friday y'all!

Peace to you,

"Boots On" by Randy Houser

3 comments:

  1. I tell you what: I'll keep up with you and you keep up with me. :D

    And see, I thought you would have said this song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pulling for you & hoping the semester gets better and better! I know you can do it. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nenay- Checking in on you, you know I am loving the skirt and boots! I am glad you had a good time at the shower in Tulsa.

    I hope things are better this week, with school, health, etc. Also, I completely understand/can relate with the emotional part of miscarriage. As someone who experienced it and was devastated, what I can tell you is that as I look at my 4 year old who I adore, I can not imagine my life without him. If I would not have miscarried, then I would not have gotten pregnant the next year with this guy and I can not imagine my life without him. God has great plans for you, be still and know He is God.
    Take care of yourself!
    The Park Wife

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...