Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Let Me Be, I'll Set You Free...


{via}
I've decided to do a Recipe Thursday!
Why Thursday? Well, 1) it's the end of the week and I know I usually start feeling like I'm at a loss as of what to make for dinner and 2) Thursday is listed as the letter "R" since Tuesday is first... so to me R = recipe!

So here's my recipe for the day! Phil and I actually made this for dinner tonight and it was delish!!

5 Spice London Broil with Sweet Potato Fries and Coghill Dipping Sauce*

For the main course, you will need:

16 oz lean beef eye of round (around 1 pound)
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

For the Sweet Potato Fries, you will need:

2 medium sweet potatoes
2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Allspice (Season All) to taste

For the Coghill Dipping Sauce, you will need:

2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon cajun spice

Directions:

1) Preheat broiler. Spray broiler rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

2) Mix together chili powder, paprika, cumin, pepper, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Place beef on wax paper and sprinkle both sides with spice mixture. Let it sit for 15 minutes on the wax paper.

3) Cut sweet potatoes into bite size wedges. Place in either a large ziploc bag or a large mixing bowl. Coat evenly with olive oil, then sprinkle season all until covered with spice. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake in oven for 3 minutes, then turn sweet potatoes and cook for 3 minutes more. Once they are soft in the middle, take out of the oven and set aside.

4) Take beef off of the wax paper and place on broiler rack. Broil for 7 minutes per side. Set beef on cutting board and let it stand for 10 minutes.

5) Combine sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder and cajun spice in a small bowl.

6) After 10 minutes, slice steak against the grain and serve with fries and dipping sauce.

Here's a picture of what we had as the end result.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! The beef was a little dry, but that's what A1 sauce is for right ;)

If you have any questions about the recipe, just let me know :) Happy Thursday y'all!

Peace to you,
"Misery" by Maroon 5 (LOVING this song because I love this band!!!)
*I just came up with the dipping sauce on my own as I was thinking about something besides ketchup to dip the fries in. I'm quite proud of myself :D Plus, it's a Coghill trait to love garlic and this can be garlic-y depending on how much you add to the sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...