Monday, August 9, 2010

Mama, You're The Queen Of My Heart...

Due to my blog break thanks to a busy schedule, I missed a special day in the life of a special woman.
On July 31st, my mother was born. She shares a birthday with Dean Cain, Wesley Snipes, and Harry Potter :) She is a great piano player and also knows how to play the oboe and recorder. She is a good alto singer in the choir and is one of the best preachers in the world IMHO. She is loving, generous and always knows what to say that makes me feel better. Her hugs can cure the deepest pain in your heart and her smile is contagious. She does every task with grace and dignity. She is one of the most patient people I've ever known, (and trust me, I tested this theory MANY times =P). I can honestly say my mother is one of my best friends and I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

Mama, I love you very much. I can't wait until I can see you face to face again. Video chats online are nice, but it's nothing like be in the same room as you. I hope your next year of life is full of all the wonderful things you deserve.

Infinite X's and O's
Nenay :)

I'm told we look alike... what do you think? ;)
Peace to you,

"A Song for Mama" by Boyz II Men

2 comments:

  1. You guys do look alike! Especially in the pic of your mom as a teen (or college student? The younger pic I dunno :). You guys are both wonderful women!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so see the resemblance! what a sweet BDay post for your mom

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...