Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You Can Ring My Bell...


{via}

This morning, Phil and I took a very special trip. You see, it is a tradition at the University of Tulsa to ring the school bell after you have taken your last final before graduation. Even though my degree will not be from that particular university, I felt I deserved to ring that bell. I was there for 3 years AND my current school is counting every. single. class. that I took from TU. If that's the case, then I deserve to ring that bell! Now, I do still have 1 more exam to take, but considering it's a 3 hour round trip, I figured this morning was close enough to the actual time :) Even though it was cold and windy, it was totally worth it.


I had kind of a rough day yesterday because my to-do list is so very long. I felt overwhelmed and thought I would have no chance of getting everything done that I wanted. So, after Phil *cough* volunteered *cough* to help out, things didn't seem so bad. I had a voice lesson and a coaching that went REALLY well. When I got home, Phil had picked up and vacuumed, as well as accomplished a few other things on the list :D That definitely made me feel much much better.

In celebration of things getting done and all, I thought I would share a few things today. First of all, this video, although Christmas-y, made me smile and I just love to watch it :)


Second, even though I explained I'm not in a Christmas mood just yet, one of my favorite parts of winter is snow. I love snow and snowflakes :)


{via}

The other day, Phil and I tried a new recipe from Alton Brown. We love Alton and his show "Good Eats" and this recipe looked really interesting. It's called Whole Pumpkin Pie Soup. It was SO good too! The fun part is eating it right out of the pumpkin :) Now, silly me, I added 4 oz of goat cheese instead of 2 like the recipe called for. Also, we don't have an immersion blender, so it wasn't as blended as Alton's version. However, it was still really good and definitely recommended. Here's a photo I snapped of the finished product!


Finally, here's a photo of our lights from the outside.


Hope y'all are having a great Wednesday!
Peace to you,

1 comment:

  1. That soup looks delicious!!!

    And that video is hilarious, haha.

    PS: Our men are the best :) Jon worked a lot on cleaning the house before my sis gets here while I had to work & run around like mad taking care of stuff. Love him!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...