Monday, December 13, 2010

So Close You Can Almost Taste It...


{via}
This has been my life for awhile...

Oh yeah, I totally went there.

So here I am, mere days until I am a college graduate. I have stressed out and cried more this last year about school and life than I think I ever have. Some days I didn't think I could make. Some days I nearly threw up my white underpants on a stick and surrendered. I wanted to make it all go away and start over.

Something,

something deep inside of me kept on pushing.

I remember that voice from before...

it has a little more wisdom and life experience in its tone now.

However, I recognized it every time...

it was me.

Pushing to finish. Knowing that I would regret it every single day if I gave up. Knowing I would be more disappointed in myself than I could ever imagine my family being. I always used them as an excuse, but this time I knew it was all for me. It's the voice that used to be around any time I set my mind to something. It just somehow started getting covered up by my voice of fear after I went off to college. Now, the fear is leaving and I hear the voice getting stronger every day.

The past two weeks have been nuts, but it was worth it.

I did my first final this morning and it wasn't too bad. I know I passed, but it would have been nice to know for sure that I answered the essay correctly. Oh well, no turning back now.

I'm in full swing with recital preparations as well. I still need to memorize my butt off, but I know it'll be good no matter what.

I can't WAIT to see my parents :) It's going to be so wonderful to see them and for them to celebrate with me as I showcase my voice AND finally finish my bachelor's. I can't wait to see the smile on my dad's face!

I still have some hard work ahead, but it's not too much and I know I can handle it. 1 500 word essay, 1 take-home final essay, 2 revisions and 1 written test (Shakespeare) before I'm home free. Once I'm done with all this stuff, I'll be updating much more often. I know you're excited ;) Plus, we're headed up to the cold tundra of Minnesota to be with my folks for Christmas! *singing* I'm dreaming, er getting, a whiiiiiiiiiite Christmas!

I made a play list after Thanksgiving to get me through the last few weeks as I finished up school. I hope you enjoy it as much as it has pumped me up :)

1. "The Final Countdown" by Europe (but of course!)
4. "This Year" by The Mountain Goats (theme song for the year like I said here)

*****
Phil and I exchanged gifts early because I knew I was going to get a video camera I requested so I could record my recital. Plus, the "big" gift I got him was so exciting for me, I knew I couldn't hold on to it for too long ;)

Not only did I get this beauty...

{via}
but the package he got came with a bag, an SD memory card AND a tripod! It's pretty cool :)

And I gave him this...


{via}
He was very happy to receive it.

p.s. On the Nook, I bought it from Best Buy online, got an super cool package that included a light and leather cover AND I could pick it up the same day in the store of my choosing. It was pretty awesome :)

*****
An important man in my life had a big day...

{via}
Happy Belated Birthday to my Daddy-O! I love you very much and I'm so happy you're in my life. LOVELOVELOVE

Peace to you,

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for not giving up--so awesome!! I bet you'll feel so incredible when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome & I am so so so so soso so proud of you! I have something for you, actually, to celebrate your achievement. I'm going to mail it your way soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, you are going to be SO happy when its all done. its a feeling i can't even describe. its worth it all, i promise!!

    so excited for you!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...