Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh, Your Collegiate Grief Has Left You...


{I DID IT!!!}

It's finally over. I even have all my grades in for the semester! Although I thoroughly disagree with my Business Ethics final, I got the grades I was expecting for the semester. 1 A, 2 Bs, and 1 C. I will not have to take one class next semester to make up for a poor grade. I am officially done :)

My recital when super well on Friday night. I had about 30 people attend and every single person told me what a wonderful job I did. I really was humbled by the amount of people that came and the lovely things they said. I do have video, but there are a few things I need to edit before I share. I will say it's one of the more tolerable recordings of my singing for me to sit through. I usually hate listening to myself because it sounds SO different from what I hear in my head.

After the recital, my parents, Phil's folks, my brother, and our friend Abbey went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. Considering I only had a dry bowl of cereal the whole day, I inhaled my food! It was really good and I had a great time. Here are the two pictures I have from that night.


{Phil, myself and my dad before it started}

{My amazing teacher, Catherine, and I before the recital}

The next morning, I had to be at school by 9 am because graduates traditionally march around campus before entering the field house for graduation. Well, with all the construction on campus and with it being super windy and COLD, it was cancelled. I did not get this memo until 20 minutes before graduation was supposed to start. Oh well. I walked across the stage like a pro and we had pizza and cake at the apartment afterwards. It was a really wonderful day and I realized just how blessed I truly am :) Here are a few photos!


{Phil and I after the ceremony}

{My family :)}

{The in-laws and myself! Hopefully their camera has a better picture}

{Abbey and myself :)}

{The card from my parents that says it all... Hot Damn & Hallelujah HAHA}

{My wonderful support group at the apartment}

My folks agreed to caravan with us up to Minnesota. Well, despite stopping overnight in KC with family, the roads and weather was still not really good on Monday morning. We decided to stay north of Des Moines, IA to give the workers enough time to clear up the roads. We dropped off the Jeep at a Goodyear place for some new tires we desperately needed and went to see "Yogi Bear". It was lots of fun to see! By the time we left yesterday morning, the roads were much better and we had a fairly easy time getting to my parents' house. I definitely have a white Christmas :)

Today, Phil and I have most of the day to ourselves. We slept in a bit, and now I'm relaxing while he does a little data analysis on his computer. After he's done, we'll get some lunch, go to Borders to redeem my gift card, (I got $50 from the in-laws as a graduation gift!), and to find some better shoes for Phil. We bought him some new sneakers back in January, but with them being around $20, we should have known we'd have to replace them. They are getting holes in the side so he's feet get soaking wet whenever we walk in snow.

Also, a quick shout out to our really good friends Carrie & Jon O.! Yesterday was their 4th wedding anniversary! Both Phil and I had the honor of being a part of their wedding party and they've truly become our closest married friends. They are some of the best people in the world and we are so happy for them. I try to get them a tradition wedding anniversary gift every year. Since the 4th anniversary is fruit & flowers, I thought an Edible Arrangement would be fun :) They did get it yesterday and I just know they'll love it! Love you two!! XOXO

Other than that, I'm just so happy to have this college thing over with! I don't know what they future holds for Phil and I, but I know we'll be surrounding by amazing family and friends who will support us no matter what :)

Peace to you,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again soo much for the edible arrangement! It was DELICIOUS. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...