Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life Lately

On July 3rd, I lost a church family member. Her name was Ardith and she was a lovely woman. She fought cancer multiple times, but she lost her battle and went home to Jesus. I was unable to attend the funeral which made me very sad. I did make it to her viewing at the funeral home. However, I ended up being in the room alone. I'm not sure how my parents handle open caskets like that. I've only been to two other funerals like that, (one was my grandpa), and it was a little scary. I just kept waiting for her to  breath or open her eyes. I only stayed about 5 minutes or so, but I'm glad that I went. She was a great woman and I will miss her. I'm fairly close to her family and hope that God will be with them during this time.

Our weekend was fairly quiet. Phil had some work issues last week, but they all got resolved on Friday afternoon. They were moving to a new building and they didn't even get the keys until Friday. {They were ready to unpack on Monday.} 

Sunday morning, Phil told me he found a dead fly on top of our fridge. I looked at it and noticed something interesting. Of course I took a picture ;)
That's right, the fly died standing up! How weird right?! We threw it away after I took the picture of course. I just thought it was cool.

Due to the heat and our sub-par air conditioner, Jillian usually hangs out at home in her diaper. We put clothes on her when we are out and about. She is usually pretty sweaty when we get home so I just undress her. For the past 30 days or so, this is usually how she plays :)
{Even without clothes, she's cute!}

As I took her photo, I looked behind me and saw another cute sight...
{Phil and Petey - this doesn't happen often anymore since Jillian is usually in his arms}

I only have two bibs that are the over-the-head style. All the others have velcro. Well, I used the over-the-head style this morning for Jillian's breakfast of oatmeal and apples. When we finished, I pulled it off and this happened...
{What's so funny mama?} 

{I can hold that camera for you!} 

{Oh it's something on my face. Ok, I'll do a cute pose}

Yep, it smeared oatmeal from the bib ALL over her forehead and hair! I was able to get it out, but it was pretty darn cute :)

Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...