Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Special Day and Random Thoughts

Today is a special for our little family. Jillian has been in the world for 40 weeks and 2 days as of today, September 19th. That's how long I was pregnant with her :)

To think she's gone from this:
to this:
in 40 weeks and 2 days, is just amazing. I was just telling someone the other day that she's almost a completely different baby from just a month ago. She's army crawling, babbling, and just changing constantly!
Of course now that she is crawling so much, she is getting into more trouble. For example, I was trying to pick up quickly yesterday and found this:
 {Finger painting with food... on the carpet.}
{The I-didn't-do-it face. Good thing she's cute ;)}
After I cried a little on the inside laughed, I cleaned her and the carpet as best I could. However, we now have brought back the Pack n Play to container her. She's just a little too fast for me to not have a safe place for her to play.
{Welcome back old friend}
*****
Jillian had her 9 month well check up yesterday and did well! She even smiled at the doctor when he walked in. Of course, she cried when he checked her ears, and then again when she got her flu shot. We then had a fun, but short visit from my bestie Annette! We went to lunch and hung out at the house. Jillian didn't seem to be in any discomfort from her shot and was in a good mood all day. I'm so glad we got a chance to see Annette!
*****
I almost forgot to do my bible study questions for this morning. Like, I remembered last night at 10:30 and the meeting was at 9:15 this morning. Whoops! Luckily, it wasn't too hard and it was only two chapters of reading. I've been using The Message translation just because I feel like it is more straightforward. I do like to read another translation just to compare.
*****
With season tickets for TU football, I have been behind on everything. I've been doing the entire week's worth of laundry on Thursday. All. day. long. It's the only time I can do it. We finally have the house picked up again, but that was a last minute dash for company yesterday. However, we will available to stay home a few weekends in a row. That will be nice :)
*****
Have you tried Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale? I bought some when I went grocery shopping Monday and took a sip of Phil's last night. Yummy! I know not many girls are beer drinkers, but if you are, give it a shot! {But not a literal shot. It's better in a regular glass.} 
*****
Even though it's still in the upper 80's and lower 90's, the morning temperature has been showing signs of fall. The official first day is Saturday, but it won't be cool around her for at least another month or so. Either way, I'm so excited!! I have decorating plans, but we'll see how it goes ;)

Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...