Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spoonful of Sugar

I had quite a day today. It started with our air conditioner getting checked out. What luck that our air conditioner goes kaput the last two days it will be in the mid 90's for a high this year :-/ I ended up getting some bad news about it. It is fixable, but in order to fix it, it would require bringing the unit up to code. That is apparently not covered by our home warranty and would cost us between $1200 and $1900 dollars out of pocket. Yeah. So we're making phone calls, and getting second opinions while trying to stay cool. The nice thing about have a water heater that doesn't heat water well? We have plenty of cold water when our house is 85 degrees :) {Silver lining anyone?}

After all that fun, Jillian and I got to see my friend Jessica today! She had a rough day at school and needed some cheering up as well. We went to Target, the mall, and lunch. Overall, we had an awesome time and forgot our crappy days for a few hours. I got Jillian's Halloween costume mostly purchased, (I'll expand on that another time), and a sheet set for our bed. I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I ripped ours almost a week ago :( It is made out of jersey fabric so it looks like a V-neck t-shirt! Once I wash it tomorrow, I'll put up a picture.

Before dinner, Phil and I went and signed up for the 24 hour gym around the corner from our house. I mean, I could walk across a field to get there, so now I don't have any excuses ;) We got our keys and set up appointments with the trainer. You get 1 free training session so that you can get set on the track you need to be successful. I'm excited to get started!

I feel like, if I had a smart phone, (let's be serious; if I had a phone that took pictures), I would have more photos to share. Maybe Santa will bring me one this year ;) Until then, I just have to stick with being wordy.

I hope y'all had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...