Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 365

One year ago today, I wrote this post. I was ready to finally start my weight loss journey!

I never really mentioned it again. I did one update before something changed. Phil's dissertation was pushed back again, and we had to live off of credit cards for about a full month before he started his big boy job. This meant having a cheap grocery bill was more important than losing weight. I took a few months off while we got our future figured out. Then we bought a house. Since then, I kinda tracked my calories, kinda sorta worked out up until Christmas. After I got the norovirus right before Christmas, I stopped tracking. Then I decided that I would make participating in a 5K as a goal for 2013. I started the Couch-to-5K program on January 1st and have one more workout before I'm officially done.

My actual 5K was yesterday, (more on that later), so I weighed myself on Saturday morning. A year later, this is where I stand!

Starting Weight: 235.6
Starting Upper Arm: 15"
Starting Chest: 45"
Starting Waist: 39"
Starting Hips: 50 1/2"
Starting Thighs: 27 1/2"
Starting Calves: 18"

New Weight: 207.4         - 28.2 pounds lost
New Upper Arm: 15"      - 0" lost
New Chest: 41"              - 4" lost
New Waist: 35 1/2"         - 3 1/2" lost
New Hips: 44 1/2"          - 6" lost
New Thighs: 25"            - 2 1/2" lost
New Calves: 16 1/2"       - 1 1/2" lost


I am far from done, but have no fear. I have a plan and I'm pretty excited about it :) If I'm able to remember, I'll try to update a little more often. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait another year to see where I am ;)
 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, those numbers are awesome! I recently started my own journey due to some not so great news I got. I will get around to blogging about it one of these days. Good luck as you keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should post a new picture of you hot bod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I meant to and forgot all about it. Hopefully I'll get to it soon :)

      Delete
  3. Way to go! That's incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! It can be so frustrating from week to week, but looking at it after a year really puts things into perspective for me.

      Delete
  4. For someone who wasn't really trying, that's pretty awesome! Congrats again on finishing your first 5K!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...