- I wanted to complain about how the "big winter storm" stalled for 6 hours and we basically got puddles and a light dusting of snow overnight. Then we heard an elderly man in an area with 20"+ died because his roof collapsed. Even though it wasn't so bad here, it was still awful elsewhere.
- I am not sad to see February go. It was definitely better by the end of the month, but I'm ready to just start over. Plus, my birthday is this month :)
- We found out recently that Jillian does have allergies. It explains why she would get a cough and clear, runny nose if we took her on walks this fall. Usually, allergies do not manifest until children are 2 or 3 years old. Since Phil has such severe allergies, she was almost destined to have allergies early. Now we have to give her Zyrtec or Claritin before we go out and about, or when cedar is high. I'm just glad we know about it now! I was feeling like I was causing her to catch colds because I would take her out and maybe didn't bundle her up enough.
- Phil took Jillian to our church's Daddy Daughter Dance on Saturday night. It was the sweetest thing! He brought her flowers, (me too =P), they dressed up and he escorted her in his arms most of the night. I volunteered to help serve dinner, and help out at the dance. I was able to watch their interactions and it made me appreciate Phil that much more :) Jillian may not remember, but we have video and pictures. If nothing else, it's something that is etched in my heart forever!
- Sunday night, Jillian decided it was time to walk! She started standing up from sitting and taking a few steps. Since then, she will practice the last 2-1/2 hours before bath time. She won't practice during the day when it's just the two of us though. When she does, she goes all out and walks all over the house! Jillian does seem to get frustrated easily, but that seems to be a firstborn trait. She is doing so well and it just goes to show that she finally walked when she decided she wanted to!
- My brother and his girlfriend came over Monday night. It has been 9 months since I've seen them in person, and I was so happy to spend time with them! They're in the state for less than a week, and they are trying to visit as many people as they can. I know I'm family, but I'm still honored that they saved some time for us :) The best part? They were here when Jillian was really grooving with her walking! She even asked to be held by them individually. Jillian was not only 5-1/2 months old the last time they saw her, but also asleep! I know they really enjoyed interacting with her. We're hoping to visit them in September, but we'll have to wait and see to be for sure.
- I have 3 more workouts before I'm done with C25K. My 5K is on Sunday. It's going to be cool, windy, and possibly rainy on race day. Talk about trying to convince me to just walk. I am not just real excited about the weather, but I am excited about the race. It may not be pretty, but I'm gonna do it!!
- I'm officially doing a 5K with my dad! We have plane tickets purchased and we'll get to see my folks soon :) It will be Jillian's first plane ride and my first one since March of 2010. Any tips or advice for plane travel with a 15 month old? It will be a nonstop flight lasting 90 minutes so hopefully it won't be too bad.
How is March treating you so far?