Monday, October 13, 2014

Full Circle

Let's take a trip.

Way back to the very first day of the year, I started thinking about my verse and word for the year. I'll admit, I was a little sleep-deprived and all, so I was not making a huge effort. In the end, I picked a good word and verse that I felt satisfied with.

Funny enough, a few months later the choir at church sang a song where the lyrics were composed of that exact bible verse. I gave a little smile as we sang it to the congregation. Beyond that smile, I did not give the song much thought.

This year has definitely been tough on me. I've had a few things happen, and it's not always easy to see the big picture.

Fast forward to Saturday night.

We have been doing the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class at our church for the last 6 weeks. It has been very helpful, and we are finally starting to feel like we're getting a handle on things. Starting the class brought up a lot of pain and issues that Phil and I were not expecting to deal with. With God's help, we're working through it and getting a sense of hope again.

If you've never done FPU before, they give you a whole kit which includes a workbook. Within the workbook are various verses of the bible. I really like that Mr. Ramsey does this.

Saturday night was the first time Phil and I were able to catch up on a missed class. {The one where we skipped it to go to the Royals ALDS in Kansas City and it was totally worth it ;)} Now, because I'm the nerd of this couple, I was the one writing down things in our workbook. About halfway through the lesson, I peer in the side column to see no other than my verse for the year.

That's when it hit me. 

Even if I wasn't being fully intentional when I picked my verse, God was still using that verse to help me throughout the year. How amazing is that?! I still have a lot to learn, and there is still a lot of living left in 2014 for me to do. However, I now have the full confidence that God is with me, my verse of the year ready in His pocket, to help me through whatever is thrown at me.

God is my treasure, because that is where my heart lies :)

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I read Dave's book ourselves about a year after we got married and it was honestly the best thing we have ever done!! My hubby lost his job when I was about 6 months pregnant with our first child and I never once doubted what was going to happen cause we had our emergency fund and we were debt free!! He then went on contract work and the contract ended when our daughter was about 2 months old, and again, I knew we were okay. Great job on taking that step towards financial freedom and Good Luck, I'll be praying for you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...