Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Just the Beginning for October

This last week has just been a complete whirlwind, and October is only going to get worse! I have a feeling I won't have many picture posts this month, but I'd like to at least write posts so that I can remember this crazy season in our lives.

I had my 10 year high school reunion this past weekend. {Say it ain't so!} My high school is actually just about 20ish minutes southeast of where we live, so we didn't have far to travel.

Friday night, we went to a tailgate and the football game. There were not many people at the tailgate, and we didn't run into many classmates in the stadium. However, we had a good time, and the kids did really well. I got to see the marching band, (color guard did pretty decently), and we were up 42-0 at halftime.

Saturday afternoon was a picnic at a local park. That went pretty smoothly too! I felt silly for being so nervous about it. Saturday night was the fancy dinner, and that had more people in attendance. Unfortunately, at the dinner, we had a few more groups who only stuck together and/or stayed at the bar. You know, even though it was more awkward than the rest of the activities we did, I still had a good time with the people I spoke with. All in all, I feel like it was a fun and successful reunion :)

Sunday, Phil and I had to sing in the choir for early service, taught high school Sunday school, then we jumped in the car and headed to KC! My brother was able to get 3 tickets to the ALDS in KC, so my brother flew into town, and my parents drove in the day before. We got to town just in time for Phil, my dad, and my brother to head to the game. It was an AMAZING game! We were able to watch at my cousins' house, and boy was that a blast :) Jillian loved playing with their little dogs, and David even crawled over to watch the game with all the guys.

Since the Royals swept the A's, we didn't have another game to watch on Monday night. We spent the day with my parents and brother, and that was great. We went to a local attraction with a petting zoo, then had some authentic KC barbeque. After a few relaxing moments, we headed to Tulsa to sleep at Phil's folks' place. The only downside to the trip is, I'm pretty sure the 4 of us got food poisoning at McDonald's and felt awful. Jillian is the last one to go through it, but it seems like she's on the mend as of today :)

Tuesday, we woke up and hurried down the turnpike just in time to drop off Jillian at preschool. {It also happened to be her day to bring a snack, so I actually made it ahead of time and left it at church! I am so glad I thought to do that}

Now we are just in the process of getting back into the swing of things. We have quite a few things to do this week, and every weekend has multiple activities this month. Like I said, October is crazy this year. Even though it's hectic, I know we'll be making lots of memories too. Hopefully I remember to take pictures so I can cherish these times :)

How's your October treating you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...