Monday, August 24, 2015

Carb-Cycling Update {1 Month Progress}

Now that I have done carb-cycling for a full 4 weeks, (the whole cycle according to my book), I thought I'd do a quick update to tell you my progress. On my next update, as long as things continue to go well, I will start including pictures :)

The Breakdown:
- I am currently doing the Turbo Cycle from Chris Powell's book, Choose More, Lose More for Life.
- I did not work out intentionally the last 4 weeks so that I could get used to the meal prepping and portion control side of this lifestyle.
- Even though this was the Slingshot Week for my cycle, I was sick Friday, and I could not eat on plan because I barely ate. This was the only time I strayed from the plan.
- I am taking vitamins everyday, but I will be including a calcium supplement starting Monday.


Struggles:
- Having to go to multiple grocery stores. (or purchase online), to get what I need to be successful. It's more annoying than anything really.
- Trying not to eat after my kids
- Having Phil offer me a treat, and forgetting that I am saying no for a reason. Being asked once is hard enough, but multiple times? Forget it! I'm usually less polite with my "no" after the second or third time. {Sorry honey!}


What's Been Easy:
- I actually do well with a structured meal plan. I like being told what to eat, when to eat it, and how much I get.
- I don't mind eating basically the same meal/snacks everyday.
- My guilt-free reward day is always great. Even when I get to satisfy any cravings, I usually don't pig out because I'm so used to my portion sizes already!


Non-Scale Victories (NSV):
- I can put on and zip up my jeans without having to suck in at all.
- Some of my undergarments are loose enough, I should probably stop wearing them.
- I can drink 1 gallon of water a day without feeling waterlogged.
- I have the desire to workout, and look forward to it.
- Staying on plan despite traveling, and being out of town.
- Finding like-minded inspirations on Instagram so that I can continually be encouraged.
- Getting great support from my parents, as well as my husband :)


The Nitty-Gritty Numbers:

{Starting Weight} - 225.6
{Current Weight*} - 210.8

I will start recording measurements next time.

*This is after a day of hardly eating due to being sick Friday. If I go by the number of the scale Friday morning, my current weight is 212.0

Overall, I would say it has been a successful month, and I look forward to see what next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...