Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Let's Wrap This Summer Up With A Bow

I failed to mention that we were taking one final trip this summer. Phil was able to go to my parents' house with us this year, so no one was home to watch over the house. We made it back from Wisconsin in one piece. It'll be the last time I see my folks before Thanksgiving. Well, unless the Royals do well post-season again. {Another reason to cheer 'em on!} It's always good to be with them, and the week always feels shorter than normal. I guess that's a good problem to have though!

Even though we have a few more weeks until Jillian is in school again, Summer is basically over for us. No more out of town trips, or special BBQs. No more pool parties, or fireworks in our plans. We are winding down for school. I do, however, have a special night planned for next week. I haven't decided what day it will be, but we're going to play outside, then let Jillian and the parent of her choice sleep in our tent in the living room. She's been asking for a few days, so I thought she'd like to do it before school starts :)

Speaking of school, I recently got all of Jillian's school supplies. There is always one item I can't find exactly what they are asking for. It's frustrating, but I guess it's close enough because no one said anything to me last year. We are having the "Meet the Teacher" day next week. It's definitely an exciting time! Jillian has been asking to go to preschool for a few weeks now. It'll be nice to finally send her off to be with friends! It will be a little different because she won't have her hearing clinic preschool class to go to. She will be in school 3 mornings a week, which is plenty for now!

As I look back on our summer, I feel mixed emotions. We did several things, but I worry my kids were bored most of the time. All in all, I know when we did do things, we had fun. Lots of things have changed this summer, me included. There is so much I want to say, but there is a time and place for everything. Instead of unloading it all now, I will wrap up Summer 2015 in a sweet box, and be thankful for everything that did or did not happen. There is so much to look forward to for the rest of the year. It's hard to keep from smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...