Friday, June 10, 2016

BB-3 Week 32 Update


This week was one of the last full weeks until BB-3's arrival! We still have things like dentist appointments and the like but, I have no major obligations, and I don't plan on leaving city limits again until BB-3 is here. It's crazy to think about just how soon everything is now! I got to schedule all my remaining doctor appointments until my due date this week. It's exciting, and nerve-wrecking at the same time! Also, I found out this week that some ladies at church are going to throw a double baby shower for myself and another woman at church! I figured with this being our third baby that we'd be on our own for anything we need to get. It's a sweet surprise, and I'm very thankful for it!

Now I just need to figure out how to survive the inevitable summer heat...

Today's date: June 10, 2016

How far along: 32 Weeks

Total weight gain: 27.5 pound (because every half pound matters ;P)

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a jicama, a plastic scooter board (anyone remember those?!), or pan d'epi! They are around 3-3/4 pounds, close to 17 inches long, and plumping up for birth. They may have flipped to birthing position, (I doubt it!), which is heads down! BB-3 is starting to get crowded, which explains why mama is feeling out of breath, and having more heartburn than normal. {via and via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for XXL shirts at bedtime. 

Sleep: I slept really well despite the time change back as well as VBS this week. I was ready for bed about 9pm every night. Because of the amount of water I've been drinking, I had several nights where I needed to pee around 3am. Only once did I have trouble going back to sleep immediately. Even that one night didn't take a long time, (30ish minutes). Also, I'm at the point now where I have to slide/roll off of anything I'm sitting/laying on. I have no more ab muscle control, so I get stuck on the couch a lot! LOL

Movement: BB-3 gets their kick count in 10 minutes or less. Every so often it's closer to 20, but even those days are rare. Lots of rolling, and squirming to get comfy. Also, they are either up by my lungs or down low in my pelvis. No middle ground for this baby anymore!


Cravings/Aversions: I craved fruit, popcorn, and cheesecake. Aversions are still raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, and mushrooms. I had some GI issues since being back, so I had a really low appetite the first part of this week. However, I'm finally feeling better, so I'm sure I'll have more cravings next week ;)

Morning Sickness: A little nausea and GI distress after traveling home. After hydrating like crazy, (at minimum 3/4 of a gallon of water a day), I'm finally feeling better! I think OJ and bacon combined is still not a good idea based on what happened to me Sunday. (That was something I learned in the early 1st trimester. I guess some things don't change!) Also, I thought I was having some cyst issues a few days ago, but I think it ended up just being gas. I know women can still make ovarian cysts, and they can rupture/drain during pregnancy. I was eating lots of carbs abroad, but I think I'm in the clear for now.

Symptoms: Big baby bump, bump feeling heavy, out of breath, baby kicks (that sometimes hurt), emotional, round ligament pain, pimples, some light swelling if I'm on my feet too long, gassy, really tired feet, lower back pain, heartburn, pelvic pain, feet no longer in sight, nasal sensitivity, and feeling really tired at the end of the day.

Labor Signs: A little bit of cramping, but that has gone away. Very light BH today.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I had to switch to lactose-free milk for my pregnancy with David, (I'm doing mostly almond milk, but I can eat regular ice cream and such with BB-3), no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, more out-of-breath feelings, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, I feel more behind on our to-do list, (panic mode will initiate soon...), more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: VBS at church, a good appointment where the heartbeat was a strong 148 bpm, and getting readjusted to life back at home.

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: Having a little more energy next week, family movie night tonight, catching up with my bro and SIL soon, my next appointments, and my mom coming for 4th of July!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...