Friday, June 17, 2016

BB-3 Week 33 Update


EDIT 6/18/16 @4:20pm:: So, this post was scheduled to post late in the evening so I could add the photo after dinner. Well, BB-3 and my body had other plans!

It started with BB-3's morning kick count. Not only did it happen over an hour later than I normally do it, the movements felt lighter/weaker than normal. Plus, I had to really poke and prod to get the 10 in an hour. So that made me nervous to start the day.
Then, for the last few days, I've had "glitter" vision. Basically, either all over my field of vision or in my peripheral vision, I would see what looked like long pieces of glitter for about 15-45 seconds. It would happen more often in the late afternoon/early evening, and would happen whether I was standing or sitting down. I knew that wasn't necessarily a good sign.
I get out of breath sometimes, but it happened to me yesterday when I was laying on my side.
Finally, I had a small headache the day before, (Thursday), but figured it was due to my teeth being cleaned at the dentist.
I called my doctor and spoke with a nurse around 2pm yesterday. She said that the main concern with what I was describing would be high blood pressure and/or preeclampsia. However, my BP readings at my appointments have all been really good. She told me I could always come get assessed if it would give me peace of mind. Also, she recommended that I get my BP checked at a pharmacy to see what it said if I was worried. Phil and I talked it over and agreed we'd run to a pharmacy after dinner to see what it said. When we got to Walgreens, we ran the machine twice with the result of 145/88. It was high enough that I decided to call the hospital and tell them what was going on. The lovely nurse I talked to said that she would feel better if I came in to be observed, but not to rush because it wasn't an emergency or anything.

Honestly, even with the uneasy feeling I've had this whole pregnancy, I had a sense of peace about this. I really did not think I would get any negative news. Despite wanting Phil with me, we didn't want to keep the kids up late in a tiny room. {Besides, that would definitely not help my BP!} So he stayed home with him, and I promised to let him know what they said. We talked about the scenario of me being admitted, but we both felt it was not really in the cards. Luckily, we were correct!

After being checked-in, I was all hooked up to the monitors. BB-3 apparently HATES having anything on my belly and proceeded to kick at the monitors the whole time! LOL BB-3 looked wonderful the whole time, and my BP was already down to 134/88 by the first check, and all the way to my normal, 119/68, by the time I gave them a urine sample and was finishing up the hour of observation. No protein in the urine, and it was a good color which told them I was hydrated. All in all, it was hopefully a one time deal, most likely due to the heat we've had here. The only instructions I got were to follow up with my doctor at my next appointment, (which is on Thursday), and hopefully she can give me some tips of how to keep this from happening again. The did give me some Tylenol and an Ambien to rest at home. And boy, does Ambien work on me! I barely made it home and in bed before I was out! I didn't wake up until 3am to pee, then back to sleep until 7:15. It took until almost 8:30 for me to not be groggy!

All in all, it was definitely a new experience for me to be observed, but I'm so very thankful that all is well. I have a slightly more sense of peace for the pregnancy now, but I am a little nervous of either this happening again, or BB-3 coming much earlier than we expected. {Those feelings may be more of the fact that our to-do list is still so long!} We did install the car seat today, so we just need bottles to be "prepared" for BB-3 should they make a quick entrance sooner rather than later :) So that's how I spent Friday night, and why my pictures are late today :)::END EDIT

Busy week in terms of having something to do/somewhere to go everyday. That's ok, we had a pretty decent week. I do find it funny that I'm at the point in pregnancy where, no matter how careful I am, I spill whatever I'm eating and/or drinking on my shirt. What can you do? Also, I have had a little swelling in my feet lately. I'm not sure if it's just the heat or because I was standing for a bit. Either way, it's weird that I can tell just by flexing my calves if I have swelling before I even look.

Today's date: June 17, 2016

How far along: 33 Weeks

Total weight gain: 30 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a pineapple. or three chocolate croissants! They are around 4 pounds, and over 17 inches long. Eyes are staying open when they are awake, and BB-3 is starting to learn how to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. {I still have issues with that! HAHA} BB-3's bones are continuing to harden, and their brain is still developing rapidly.{via and via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for a pair of yoga pants/a few large shirts I only wear at home, and my cardigans.

Sleep: I am really tired even if I get a decent amount of sleep. The last couple of days, I have been waking up twice at night to pee, but I've also been drinking close to a gallon of water as well. Only once did I not manage to go back to sleep, but I felt rested despite it being 4:30 in the morning.

Movement: BB-3 squirms and rolls just fine :) Sometimes the movement can make me sick to my stomach, or even hurt. Nothing too bad just yet. Also, this morning BB-3 was very tired, so I didn't get to do my kick count at the time I always do it. I was really thinking about if I needed to call the hospital and be monitored when they finally moved. Ugh, give mama a heart attack why don't ya?

Cravings/Aversions: I craved fruit, cheesecake, strawberry shakes, and cinnamon Life cereal. Aversions are still raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, curry, coconut milk, and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: I had one moment where I thought I was going to get nauseous, but luckily it passed :)

Symptoms: Big baby bump, bump feeling heavy, out of breath, baby kicks (that sometimes hurt), emotional, round ligament pain, itchy belly, some light swelling if I'm on my feet too long, gassy, a little heartburn, pelvic pain, feet no longer in sight, nasal sensitivity, sensitive gums and feeling really tired at the end of the day.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks every single day. Nothing terrible, but it's getting more uncomfortable to sit through!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I had to switch to lactose-free milk for my pregnancy with David, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, I feel more behind on our to-do list, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: Good dentist appointments for Jillian and myself, getting some stuff done, (though not as much as I'd like), and celebrating air conditioning/cold foods because it's been hot!

What I miss: Nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: Getting a few more things done on the to-do list, having slightly cooler temps next week, and my next doctor's appointment!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...