Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bébé Week 34 Update

Thank you everyone for the sweet words of encouragement on my last post! I know I'm feeling all kinds of things about 20 times more dramatically than I would normally. However, I need to give myself a break and feel what I need to right now, as long as I don't hurt anyone else in the process :)

I had a good weekend, but I got dehydrated after the TU game on Saturday, which is why I didn't do the bebe update. Sorry it's so late!

{34 weeks and 3 days}
{The post-it notes on the wall are my countdown for working days =P}


Today's date: November 1, 2011

How far along: 34 weeks and 3 days

Total weight gain: About 12-13 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a cantaloupe (about 20" long)  and weighs close to 5 pounds! She can now recognize songs and will react to them once she's born. Her fingernails have now reached the tips of her fingers. Skin is very smooth thanks to the fat she's accumulating and she'll have little to no complications if born right now.  {per}

Sex: Baby Girl!

Maternity clothes: Only a few shirts and 1 dress are not maternity. I usually only wear non-maternity at home.

Sleep: Sleep comes easy for me. I'm tired faster than I used to be, though it's not the complete exhaustion I felt in my first trimester. If I wake up to pee in the middle of the night, I feel some pressure in my abs and it takes a moment to feel good enough to walk to the bathroom.

Best moment(s) of the week: Mostly having a good doctor's appointment and watching her move during the day.

Movement: She is moving all the time and I love it! Jill did do her first somersault when Phil was telling her goodnight last week. His head was on my belly and I felt something that went from my back to the front and it made me slightly queasy & dizzy. It was pretty awesome to see Phil's face light up when it happened though :)

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions, aside from no desire to be near seafood. No real cravings this week, but I think having Halloween candy helped with that HAHA!

Morning sickness: I have to take Zofran once a day to keep food down. I may get a little queasy throughout the day, but it's nowhere near where it was in the first trimester.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain, heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but we'll see how long that lasts.

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: My parents coming for Thanksgiving, my final work day (November 11th!), and my baby coming into the world!

Weeks 14, 24 and 34 for fun!

I realized today that we are now in my favorite month of the year, and I have less than 40 days before my daughter should get here. Even though I love November and would love to see Jill early, having a December baby has really grown on me. So whether she's on time or early, I think it's a win-win situation for this girl :)

To celebrate my last month as a non-parent, I am doing the 30 Day Photo Challenge! I've seen other Bloggers do this and thought it'd be fun :) I found the details here.

Day 1: Self-Portrait 
{My parents can attest to the fact that I'm pretty good at these ;) Excuse the no make-up though!}


Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm late to the party on your last post, but I'm always here for you. Thinking of you all, and I know things will work out. They always do! I love you and am thinking of you!! I have cute things for Jill that I can't wait to send you guys!! Plus goodies for you all, too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...