Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 365

One year ago today, I wrote this post. I was ready to finally start my weight loss journey!

I never really mentioned it again. I did one update before something changed. Phil's dissertation was pushed back again, and we had to live off of credit cards for about a full month before he started his big boy job. This meant having a cheap grocery bill was more important than losing weight. I took a few months off while we got our future figured out. Then we bought a house. Since then, I kinda tracked my calories, kinda sorta worked out up until Christmas. After I got the norovirus right before Christmas, I stopped tracking. Then I decided that I would make participating in a 5K as a goal for 2013. I started the Couch-to-5K program on January 1st and have one more workout before I'm officially done.

My actual 5K was yesterday, (more on that later), so I weighed myself on Saturday morning. A year later, this is where I stand!

Starting Weight: 235.6
Starting Upper Arm: 15"
Starting Chest: 45"
Starting Waist: 39"
Starting Hips: 50 1/2"
Starting Thighs: 27 1/2"
Starting Calves: 18"

New Weight: 207.4         - 28.2 pounds lost
New Upper Arm: 15"      - 0" lost
New Chest: 41"              - 4" lost
New Waist: 35 1/2"         - 3 1/2" lost
New Hips: 44 1/2"          - 6" lost
New Thighs: 25"            - 2 1/2" lost
New Calves: 16 1/2"       - 1 1/2" lost


I am far from done, but have no fear. I have a plan and I'm pretty excited about it :) If I'm able to remember, I'll try to update a little more often. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait another year to see where I am ;)
 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, those numbers are awesome! I recently started my own journey due to some not so great news I got. I will get around to blogging about it one of these days. Good luck as you keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should post a new picture of you hot bod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I meant to and forgot all about it. Hopefully I'll get to it soon :)

      Delete
  3. Way to go! That's incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! It can be so frustrating from week to week, but looking at it after a year really puts things into perspective for me.

      Delete
  4. For someone who wasn't really trying, that's pretty awesome! Congrats again on finishing your first 5K!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...